Lloyd Bridges' birthday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tep

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
January 15th is Lloyd Bridges' birthday.

Take a moment, and thank Mike Nelson for promoting diving, practically before there *was* recreational SCUBA!

I remember watching this show a *very* long time ago, and it certainly helped push me towards diving. I knew I was going to be a SCUBA diver by the time I was in 1st grade :) Getting there just took a little longer!

Thank you Mr. Bridges, wherever you are!

Lloyd Bridges - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sea Hunt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shouldn't this be an international holiday?

I think of him frequently as I pass the sites used to film the "Sea Hunt" series on our dive boat. Just dove Long Point (a favorite for the show) this past weekend. Definitely an influence in getting me to dive.

I think of him frequently as I pass the sites used to film the "Sea Hunt" series on our dive boat. Just dove Long Point (a favorite for the show) this past weekend. Definitely an influence in getting me to dive.

Ever had your air hose cut at any of these spots?

No, I dive single hose regs now so there isn't an exhaust hose they could cut and still keep me safe!

I too watched Sea Hunt while growing up, great times then, I loved that show :)
Funny, unlike many here, I can not attribute my learning to dive to watching that show ... was an intro dive in Roatan that did me in :D

While many know about many of the old Sea Hunt shows being available, I stumbled accross this on ebay ..
A CD re-recording of an old record of Lloyd Bridges on "How to Skin Dive" from the series "Hear How" ... Very Cool :14:
< clicky

from the CD ...

Requirements to become a Diver:
Class Time: 10 hours
Pool Time: 10 hours
Swimming Requirements:
Swim - 300 yards
Tread Water, Feet Only - 30 seconds
Tow Injured Diver - 40 yards
Float, No Aids - 15 minutes
Swim Under Water - 15 yards

...wow ...
"There's no need to worry about the bends if your diving is confined to shallow water no deeper than 50ft. At depths less than 50ft, your system will not absorb enough nitrogen to cause trouble and you can work at this depth for hours"
:11:

"Learn to pull yourself from place to place with your hands, to avoid the exertion of swimming"
... I can still see Mike Nelson doing this ... we don't do that now, do we? :wink:

"Not all sharks are dangerous ... but unless your positive of your identification,treat all sharks as enemies, If you see a shark, get out of the water as soon as possible"

and can't you just still hear him saying ... "So long now. Good luck, and Good diving"
:D

Back
Top Bottom