Yipee confirmed flights Miami to Curacao then Bonaire!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvrliz1

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I had posted earlier in the year that Insel Air would be flying from Miami to Curacao direct, but we did not have a confirmed date. WELL IT IS FINALLY A DONE DEAL! Below, the announcement was posted on BonaireInsider:

Insel Air, based in Curacao, recently announced that they will begin non-stop service between Miami and Curacao on November 21st, after receiving the green light by the Federal Aviation Administration.

The company plans to utilize MD-aircraft, and Insel Air pilots are currently conducting test flights on the aircraft to be sure everything is ready for the inaugural flight. There will be four flights each week on Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays, and Mondays. The flight from Miami to Curacao will depart at 3:00 PM and will land in Curacao at 6:00 PM. The return flight from Curacao to Miami will depart at 10:30 AM and arrive in Miami at 1:30 PM. These flight times provide ample connection time for flights to and from Bonaire in either direction without a necessary stopover. (Source: Amigoe)

How cool is this!!!!!!!!! Insel does fly to Bonaire from Curacao, so I will be checking to see if the flight times will work with Bonaire. If it does, then you will not have to touch your luggage once in curacao, it will go on to Bonaire!!! There website is "still being updated", so it is not available, but you can contact them via phone.

YIPEE!

Liz

I had posted earlier in the year that Insel Air would be flying from Miami to Curacao direct, but we did not have a confirmed date. WELL IT IS FINALLY A DONE DEAL! Below, the announcement was posted on BonaireInsider:

Insel Air, based in Curacao, recently announced that they will begin non-stop service between Miami and Curacao on November 21st, after receiving the green light by the Federal Aviation Administration.

The company plans to utilize MD-aircraft, and Insel Air pilots are currently conducting test flights on the aircraft to be sure everything is ready for the inaugural flight. There will be four flights each week on Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays, and Mondays. The flight from Miami to Curacao will depart at 3:00 PM and will land in Curacao at 6:00 PM. The return flight from Curacao to Miami will depart at 10:30 AM and arrive in Miami at 1:30 PM. These flight times provide ample connection time for flights to and from Bonaire in either direction without a necessary stopover. (Source: Amigoe)

How cool is this!!!!!!!!! Insel does fly to Bonaire from Curacao, so I will be checking to see if the flight times will work with Bonaire. If it does, then you will not have to touch your luggage once in curacao, it will go on to Bonaire!!! There website is "still being updated", so it is not available, but you can contact them via phone.

YIPEE!

Liz

That is good news indeed. I am sick of AA and the nightmare that San Juan has turned out to be. Maybe we'll give Insel a try next year. They have to be better. :palmtree: Bob

John,

My husband and I have used Insel Air to go to both Aruba and Curacao. We have been very happy with their services.

I have a stickie note on my computer to call Insel and get pricing and how to book. Their main office is closed today since it is Sunday, but will reopen tomorrow.

I will post as soon as I know anything.

Thanks.

Liz

Ok all I spoke with Insel Air this morning. Here is what I can provide for you all::::

Time schedule Miami – Curacao depart 14:00 ( 2pm) arrival 18:00 (5pm - remember we are one hour ahead of EST since the US "fell back".)

Curacao- Miami Depart 10:30 am arrival 13:20 (1.20 pm)

Flights are on Sunday. Monday, Thursday and Friday

Prices NAF 711, 00 (Pay all within 24 hours) This comes out to be about $399.50 per person RT, actually REALLY GOOD

What are their luggage limits? They have no working website so I can't get any information. We're going in June to Bonaire and I was going to fly into Newark and take the non-stop from there on Continental. But this looks like it might about $150 cheaper. The con is that this airline won't give me airline miles.

mickey,

I don't have anything yet on their weight limitations. I can call tomorrow and find out. Liz

mickey,

I don't have anything yet on their weight limitations. I can call tomorrow and find out. Liz

Thanks Liz. Weight is always an issue for us. Video equipment and my hubby always packs the mega tool kit :)

Hey Ann,

I'm still waiting to here about the weight issue. I saw in yesterday's Extra that Maduro Travel on Curacao is offering packages with Insel to Miami. I'm going to call Monday and see what kind of info I can get.

Liz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom