Tilly Tec W40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have been searching the net for some hours and am unable to find much info on this light, it looks to be a replacement to the W30, does anyone know the diffs between the W30 and W40 in particular the lumen output? the info on TT web page is scant. thanks to anyone who can help.

This is from the german Tillytech website

Technische Daten:

Backuplight mit spezial LED - LED W40
Länge ca. 185 mm
Lichtleistung ca. 40 Watt Halogenlicht
Lichtleistung in lux 15 000
Brenndauer
(mit Alkaline-Batterien) ca. 5 Stunden volles Licht
weitere ca. 5 Stunden zum Ablesen der Instrumente
Brenndauer
(mit Akkuksatz NiMH) ca. 3 Stunden
Wasserdicht bis 200m
Lebensdauer der LEd ca. 50 000 Stunden
Ersatzlithiumbatterie Auf Anfrage lieferbar

Technische Daten:

Backuplight mit spezial LED - LED W40
Länge ca. 185 mm
Brenndauer
(mit Alkaline-Batterien) ca. 5 Stunden volles Licht
weitere ca. 5 Stunden zum Ablesen der Instrumente
Brenndauer
(mit Akkuksatz NiMH) ca. 3 Stunden
Wasserdicht bis 200m
Lebensdauer der LEd ca. 50 000 Stunden
Ersatzlithiumbatterie Auf Anfrage lieferbar

Thanks for the reply Evert, yes I got that info too, but was wondering the diff b/tween the W30 and W40, Im assuming it is in light output as everything else appears to be the same, but am still curious as to its lumen output, given the W30 was claimed at 300 lumens I guess I could conclude the W40 is 400 lumens? I did read somewhere that a 40watt halogen was in the region of 450 lumens but cannot confirm this.Those who had the W30 have said it was more like 200 lumens and a 2 hour at run time at full output, seems TT may exaggerate performance. Most info I can find is on German or Swiss websites and forums and my german is not that great LoL. If its 400 lumens and 5 hours on 3AAs Ill buy one, although at this stage no German or Swiss onlines that I have looked at will ship to NZ. thanks again.

I have been searching the net for some hours and am unable to find much info on this light, it looks to be a replacement to the W30, does anyone know the diffs between the W30 and W40 in particular the lumen output? the info on TT web page is scant. thanks to anyone who can help.

hello,
send them an email, they can help
Lampe W40

regards

hello,
send them an email, they can help
Lampe W40

regards
Looks like another modification of DealExtreme W200 light. It's amazing, you can buy so many different versions of this light: The AElight, Tilly Tec, Packhorse's mod, and of course the base W200.

The light is a little large for a backup light IMO, as it does not fit in my BC pocket.

Adam

Technische Daten:

Brenndauer

Sorry, but i cannot stop me if i must read this.

I think the W40 has the same LED like in the W30 (maybe a better binding) and maybe a better optic than the W30.
This LED has max. 250 Lumen (CREE XR-E) -- 15.000 Lux is possible, but lightpower like 40W halogen is dubious nonsense!

G.B.

Sorry, but i cannot stop me if i must read this.

I think the W40 has the same LED like in the W30 (maybe a better binding) and maybe a better optic than the W30.
This LED has max. 250 Lumen (CREE XR-E) -- 15.000 Lux is possible, but lightpower like 40W halogen is dubious nonsense!

G.B.

Thanks for your reply, TT responded on the manufacturers site on this forum, but the response they have given has little, to me, relationship to my question. I have asked twice with similarly unhelpful responses. I have lost interest in this light if they cannot even answer a simple customer enquirey I will look for another brand:shakehead: Cheers

@ buddhasummer

I saw that TillyTec has written in the manufacturer site, if you find a backup in this category which is brighter and smaller than the W40 you get one without costs.
Thats your chance to get a X1-VB or X1-FF without cost:D:D:D
The X1-VB has 17500 lux and the X1-FF has 21000 lux. Both have a length of 149mm.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom