Aqua Cat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapeople59

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just curious if anyone has been on the Aqua Cat recently, and could provide their thoughts and experience. We are planning to be on the boat March 3rd thru the 16th for the first time. Travel is through their Nassau port and down to the Exumas Islands.
Any one cabin better than another? Would you recommend any of the land excursions? Thanks in advance.

Just curious if anyone has been on the Aqua Cat recently, and could provide their thoughts and experience. We are planning to be on the boat March 3rd thru the 16th for the first time. Travel is through their Nassau port and down to the Exumas Islands.
Any one cabin better than another? Would you recommend any of the land excursions? Thanks in advance.

I was on AC in late 2008. Great boat and excellent crew. Diving was so-so due to impact of lionfish in the Bahamas. On two trips I stayed in the aft cabins near the engine room and slept soundly.

There are plenty of reviews on the AC. Just do a search.

Scubapeople59,
There's a forum topic currently answering questions about the boat. My wife and I went a couple of years ago and it was a great experience. Boat is well kept and the crew is top notch! I think in my forum reply I talk to some of your questions. Simple advice: cabins are all good, food is incredible, diving fantastic, pack light and enjoy the diving experience. It's really a great dive operation.

Safe Diving,
Wil

Yes, the Captain's cabin is the best! But the rest are just fine and at the top of the scale for live-a-boards! I have trip reports and a lot of photos and videos on my web site!
600_IMG_4069_Starboard_side_of_the_AC_2006.jpg

Lion fish have been in the area for a while, this one was from 2006, but I don't think they are to blame for the diving in the middle Bahamas. Andros and a virus are more to blame!
600_P5230022_Lionfish_in_the_Bahamas_AC_06.jpg

Here is the link for the last Aqua Cat round.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cr...er-boats/318287-couple-aquacat-questions.html

The wife I and I did it a couple of years ago and it was awesome. Definitely do some of the land excursions. We got to see swimming pigs, the grotto used in the James Bond film Thunderball, we went to the Exumas Park and got to pretend to be Marylin Monroe over a blow hole.

The food was awesome. The accommodations were great. The boat is great.

Cruise the old link.

Hey Guys, thanks for all the responses. I have check out all the past posts about the AC and we are very excited about the trip. I was just checking to see if anyone had been on the boat more recently. I will post a trip report upon our return. Happy diving everybody!!

I checked out their website early last month and 1/3 of the crew was still the same. Same cook and captain. The two most important folks!

Captain Mark and Captain Ron! Two of the best in the Bahamas! Why is that Captain Ron????
600_IMG_8139_Captain_Crew_AC_07.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom