Grand Cayman guidance needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pico Perfect

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be on a cruise and stopping in Grand Cayman to dive next month. I'm looking for some guidance on knowing what dive to book. I am someone that dives 1-2 times a year. I'm not a technical diver and I dont like going very deep. Prefer to stay around 60 feet or less.

The excursion through the cruise line looks very basic and not very scenic. From videos I've seen their trips are rocky with very few fish or coral.

Grand Cayman has been on the top of my goto list for a long time. I'm worried about going on the cruise excursion and having a poor experience. Can anyone suggest a dive shop that I could book directly through that is easy to access from the port, will meet the ship's schedule and provide a good visual experience?

Thanks in advance!

Living the Dream Diving is right in Georgetown and can probably accommodate you. Virtually all ops on Cayman do a 2 tank profile with the first dive on the wall with a 100 foot max depth, but there is no compulsion to go that deep. Usually plenty to see at 60-70.

I dove with LivingTheDream for 2 days on the West Side before heading to Compass Point on the East for another week. LTD was great - friendly and professional.

Thank you both. Unfortunately, they can not accomodate me, so I am looking for other options.

I have considered a shore dive, but I'm not sure that will live up to my expectations for Grand Cayman diving.

I am looking for other options.
Pico, I'll be cruise diving Grand Cayman twice this winter. My go-to operator is Just Dive Cayman. They are very close to the tender dock and are the only outfit that I use there. Contact Mike and see what he can do. Have fun! It's a remarkable place to dive.

Might try Sunset House or Don Fosters they have boat dives and their own house reef thats pretty good. Both are close to the cruise ships

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom