Guadalupe Island with Club Cantamar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had the opportunity to join Club Cantamar's "Sea Escape" from Ensenada, Mexico to Guadalupe Island to cage dive with great white sharks.
The team on board was nothing less than friendly and professional. As my idea of cage diving is to be in the water as much as possible, I wasn't bothered by the size of the cabin. For me, it was adequate and clean. The atmosphere was one of fun and interaction with the other participants. The food on board was fine and there was plenty of it. The crew was always there to assist us through every facet of the trip, especially when preparing to jump in. Most importantly, I really had a sense that the Club Canatamer team cared about the ecological "health" of the area and its local wildlife. For me, that is important. Oh, and did I mention that watching the sharks was absolutely phenomenal? Each shark had a personality and you can observe their behavior change day to day. If you are into watching sharks, I would highly recommend Club Canatamar's trip to Guadalupe. It is 3 days of diving very well spent!

I'd be very interested to know how much you paid for this trip and how long the overall trip was.

Thanks,

Bill

Hello, Bill.
Sorry for late reply, I was away in Africa for a few weeks.

The trip went like this ..

Club Cantamar ran a reduced rate package for this specific trip.
I paid around $2,300. The normal price was around $4500 I think.

I am not yet sure as to what the 2009 pricing will be.

I made my own arrangements to go to San Diego (arriving the evening before the trip departure).
Pedro's team picked us up at hte Holiday Inn and drove us ot the Port at Ensenada.
We boarded the boat and departed for an 18 hour (+/-) trip to Guadalupe.

We dropped anchor the next morning and had 3 full days of cage diving.
On the evening of the third dive day, we pulled up the cages and anchor
and headed back.
In all, the trip was 5 days.

Well well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom