Cabo Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PAShark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I were in Cabo the third week in March. Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry regarding a reputable dive operator. We dove with Manta Scuba and would highly recommend them. They were competent and attentive/helpful. Unfortunately, the vis was only 25-30' and the water was 57-64 degrees. We brought 3m wetsuits but didn't use them; we rented 7m but even then we got cold. I've wanted to see what Cabo was like but wouldn't go back for the diving; it's not a dive destination. The fishing wasn't any good either because the water was so cold; October and November are best. For anyone who goes, don't swim on the Pacific side of the peninsula because there's a terrible rip tide and current. In the last three months four people have drowned, one while we were there. In conclusion, Cabo is totally a tourist destination but if you go, Manta Scuba is recommended.

Where exactly did you dive? It must be the wrong time of the year for diving. I dive there over the holidays, every year, & had some great dives. Water temp is usually between 70 & 75, with vis easily 65-70 ft....

We dove pelican rock, north wall and corridor. On a 1 to 10 scale, I'd rate it about 2.

Sounds a lot like our trip last July. Even in mid July the water was in the mid to high 60's and all I had was a 3 mil and no clue it would be that chilly. Vis wasn't good, pretty decent currents and definitely agree it is a major cruise/timeshare destination than anything else. Prob won't ever go back either, sorry to hear your trip wasn't any better.

I just came back from a trip to Cabo and I agree that visibility was bad and water temperature was cold, but still I saw a bunch of cool stuff. The dive shop recommended coming back in October - they said visibility is great and water temp is around 80 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom