Mexico was awsome!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharknut

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So it took me a while to get around to writing this but we retrun from Mexico in late july. The trip was simply amazing. It felt like being back home, the people were so polite, freindly and curteous. We stayed in the Riveria Maya, which itself had some pretty decent snorkeling. The majority of the riveria snorekling was doen in Akuamal. There was a ton of turtles there! Also a nice small reef just a bit south of the main bay area. While in the riveria, I managed to do some cavern diving in Dos Ojos cenote and it was spectacular! The rock formations were so beautiful. Whale shark snorkeling was next on the agenda and did not disappoint. The boat was surrounded by at least 15 individuals who seemd to be on average of 25ft long. At one point a large manta ray swam directly beneath me, definatly the high point of the excursion. Of course what trip to caribbean mexico would be complete without a trip to cozumel. Did a couple of dives with Aqua Safari. They were very professional and freindly operation and would definatly recommend them to others. The that reefs dove, Planacar caves+tormentos, in cozumel were spectacular. It seriously felt as though i was in a nature documentary on TV. The reefs seemed to be in excellent health with the exception being a small lionfish that we found hanging out under a coral overhang. The trip was wicked and will definatly be returning to mexcio!
P.s. you can view video footage from my trip here, PelagicAbyss's Channel - YouTube

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom