Dive Trip to San Carlos Sonora to Poseidon Mistress Sunken Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rojerbb

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello this is my first post on ScubaBoard and I wanted to share this story with you !

My parents they were cast away 10 years ago in sept 30 2011 they were in the water for 24 hours, and were found at the beach as i said a day later, others were found by a helicopter. This happened in Sea of Cortez, and the boat was found in 2010.

Here is an article about the boat being found last year, all the pictures where you see people getting safety vest and the boat in rough water, were taken by my dad when the boat was sinking ...

Poseidon Dive Site

Here is a video about the Story made by a local friend ...

SanCarlos TV Video of the Week Poseidons Mistress.mov - YouTube

And i wanted to share the video i took myself getting inside the boat, where both my dad and mom, were minutes before it sunk, the thing is that i posted it on a Contest i want to win and to win it has to have " a lot LIKES " on the facebook page, so if you are really kind it doesnt take much time and you just have to add this people on facebook ...

Snake River Prototyping - Wall | Facebook

and you ll see by name " Rogelio Baidon Burquez " a comment where i uploaded the link to the video, you wont regret, please help me out to win the contest, the video with more likes will win, so after you see the video, help me out " LIKE " the comment. I hope you like also the video, it was an amazing moment to go and see the boat, my dad was with me, he was really excited, he was breathing so fast, he was getting out of air so quick!

Thanks in advance and if you get a GoPro get a SRP BlurFix ... if you dont know the GoPro doesnt focus underwater, it an amazing camera, for diving just put SRP flat lens, and you ll get amazing pictures and videos, since i got it this year i love having all this moment to share with me, its perfect exactly what i needed in so many years for my Dives! ( this part is not necesary but i think its worth giving a little recommendation for all Divers! )

If you plan coming to Sea of Cortez, and to the sunken boat i can contact you to the best people that can take you there! its an amazing artificial reef, so much life, an amazing experience! ... Thanks a lot, hope you help me out, LIKE my comment on the facebook page!

Rogelio Baidon B.

Thanks for sharing the story or the survivors. I remember hearing about it when I used to work in the Sea of Cortez. Looks like a fun wreck dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom