Dive shop recommendation for an experienced diver in Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfbellemare

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, I'm a divemaster and have been diving for 12 years. I will be in Cabo San Luca for 2 weeks(21july-05august) and I'm planning to do a lot of diving. I want to do Gordo Banks/Cabo Pulma/La Paz sites and Cabo/corridor local site as well. So basically I'm planning to spend close to a 1000$ on diving.

As someone who worked in the industry and have dived all around the world, I have high expectations when it comes to dive shops.

What I want to avoid are the "shut up and dive" shops. Those are shops that will happily take your money but are unwilling to commit to a dive site, will not take dive site requests and will go to the same dive site over and over because its close and less time consuming..

If anyone can recommend a good dive shop for experienced divers it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm a divemaster and have been diving for 12 years. I will be in Cabo San Luca for 2 weeks(21july-05august) and I'm planning to do a lot of diving. I want to do Gordo Banks/Cabo Pulma/La Paz sites and Cabo/corridor local site as well. So basically I'm planning to spend close to a 1000$ on diving.

As someone who worked in the industry and have dived all around the world, I have high expectations when it comes to dive shops.

What I want to avoid are the "shut up and dive" shops. Those are shops that will happily take your money but are unwilling to commit to a dive site, will not take dive site requests and will go to the same dive site over and over because its close and less time consuming..

If anyone can recommend a good dive shop for experienced divers it would be greatly appreciated.

hello, i can help you out there! i work as a private guide, also with sunshine dive and charter. the better of the shops in town. we can custom a schedule for you, we just went to la paz on saturday to check out the wrecks, good diving! and of course, cabo pulmo is now in full swing, the water is warming now, by the time you get here, we shouldn't need wetsuits, gordo banks is just about ready, still a bit of current, this is the dive most subject to conditions. are you staying in cabo san lucas?

I'm a very experienced diver and likely have the same expectations as you...and I always dive with Sunshine Dive in Cabo and would highly recommend them. They do Cabo, the Corridor, and Gordo Banks..I don't think Cabo Pulmo but then that is a very long day trip to from Cabo without staying out there. Free nitrox as well.

A very good friend and PADI course director owns barefootdivepro in cabo, world class service! His name is Peter Wilcox, contact him and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I'm a very experienced diver and likely have the same expectations as you...and I always dive with Sunshine Dive in Cabo and would highly recommend them. They do Cabo, the Corridor, and Gordo Banks..I don't think Cabo Pulmo but then that is a very long day trip to from Cabo without staying out there. Free nitrox as well.

yes, they do cabo pulmo, and now adding la paz to the list! cabo pulmo is a 7am start, and back by around 3.30pm. much longer for la paz, thats the place better to stay the night or two.

Back
Top Bottom