dive,dive,dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterpirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
After 2 sunday blowouts in a row, and the Saturday dive getting called on the dock yesterday. 3 seasoned divers including myself, or 3 dumbasses I still am not sure which.

We set out at 6am in what could only be described as bumpy and sloppy. 2 hours later as we approached the san gil, it had gone from sloppy to long rollers at 4-5. Talk about a recipe for the queasesy's. After some trouble with the hook I splashed to tie up. Top was a balmy 72 with 48 feet of vis straight down. At the 50 foot mark it dropped to 30 foot of vis, at the 80 foot mark the lights went out big time. On the bottom it opened back up to around 25 and a balmy 46.

The hook was caught on a splinter of steel by the tip of 1 tine only. I thought that aint good. I pulled the release on the tie in chain, swam for a girder and just made it! Tie in saved as the hook pulled free.

The wreck is still in good shape, as wrecks go. I took a tour of the bow section and thought about making the leap to the stern section, but the sand looked daunting and the temp was starting to get to me. After 60min on the bottom, I had enough. Welcome relief waited at 50 feet and the rest of the dive went off without a hitch. See you next sunday after the hvoslef.
YMMV
Eric

I heard we had excellent vis inshore @ 40' with bottom temps still in the high 50's. A buddy dropped off 4 nice flounder on sunday that they shot on the Tiger.

My Hatteras dive were called so I worked instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom