New Diver,Is Dacor a good brand for Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captmario1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,I'm a new diver, and I've bought most of the equipmet, but now I want to buy my first stage and second stage; I've seen a Dacor regulator and first stage and the octopuss in a dive store website, I would like some advise if that brand in particular is good?

Thanks

where do you dive? what type of diving do you anticipate doing? do you travel out of the country? do you dive cold water, warm water, both?

Yes.

You can get very specific task oriented regs but IMO for recreational warm water diving modern regs are 6 of one half dozen of another.

All are good to go. Buy what you like.

:popcorn:

Go to some of your LDS sites and ask about the regs they carry. There are some good and some not so good regs out there. What will separarte most of them is how they breathe underwater at certain depths. Some are great and some will make you work hard for your air which IMO will greatly take pleasure away from the dive. My legend works as well on the surface as it does at 140ft. Last it is nice to make sure that you can get your reg serviced easily in your area, if no shop carries what you have bought then they might charge more to have it serviced.

Dacor and Mares are sister companies but there is nothing new on the Dacor website since 2006 and I haven't seen anything new that I can recall. I would look at Mares in that case- easier product support with parts etc.

I would stick to a more reliable brand - Scubapro, Aqualung, Zeagle or Atomic in particular. Warranty is important factor, and getting annual service to keep it in warranty. Don't buy something as important as your life support system because it is "inexpensive".

Back
Top Bottom