Dacor Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my opinion friends don't let friends dive with Dacor anything, there junk! Go with xcess, SP, Oceanic, Aqua Lung, Zeagle, Dive-Rite, or a number of Good to Great Regs!

Dacor is toast I believe. They got bought out and most shops are going to stop servicing Dacor gear eventually since the part kits will no longer be made.

I have ben talking with aamares rep about speargun repair, what is junk about there scuba, say reg's, bcd's fin's, or is it the regs themselves, Or the service.

Just asking for short reasons why not to buy mares in your opions.

People aren't saying not to buy Mares. They're saying to think twice (or more) before buying any Dacor branded item that might need service.

I might consider buying a Dacor BC or fins if I really liked it and thought it was a good deal. But I wouldn't buy a reg and probably not a computer. (Heck, I had a Dacor BC for over 10 years and it was fine, I only got rid of it when it started wearing and I just wanted something different. I also have some still current Dacor octos. They are kind of crappy and no one especially wants to service them.)

In my opinion friends don't let friends dive with Dacor anything, there junk! Go with xcess, SP, Oceanic, Aqua Lung, Zeagle, Dive-Rite, or a number of Good to Great Regs!

i have a pre mares Dacor 950XL and i have a new ScubaPro MK 11 I cant tell a big Dif
Between Them if anything the 950 Breathes better.
What makes it junk is the fact That :mooner:there are no parts to get them serviced.
Just use the ones you got then when you cant get them serviced use them for a wall decoration.
I agree that the new Dacors are just not that impressive.
Mares could have done a little better job ,but me thinks they want to scrap the dacor name.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom