"Save a Dive" kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PK

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have suggestions for what a "save a dive" kit should contain? I planning to put one together for a trip to Florida but I'm not sure what it should have.

they have kits pre-made you can buy at a lds...
I know :
spare mask strap,
spare fin straps,
o-rings,
defog for those of us who are saliva-challenged),
extra weightbelt buckle (thanks Matt!),
perhaps a pain-releiver or de-congestant, dramamine,

I'll let someone else add being as I am not yet done with mine as well...

Hex wrenches and box wrenches for your regs/bc
silicon grease
zip ties

and mine has protien bars and a twenty for those after dive snacks or air fills.

If you do a search, this topic has been covered before. The Dr.s also did a great one on FA kits as well IIRC.

All of the items I have in my kit comes from seeing what's stopped others from diving. Luckily I've never needed any of the stuff...yet. I pretty much have everything Shellbird lists except a weight belt buckle (please tell me about that one). The over the counter remedies aren't neccessarily part of my save a dive kit, but I do always have aspirin, decongestants, motion sickness medicine and bandaids with me.

In addition to the kit I bought off ebay with the straps and o-rings etc I have:

a plug for my primary reg plus the allen key to fit it
a screwdriver
a battery for my computer
zip ties

Marc :jester:

FLL Diver once bubbled...
yet. I pretty much have everything Shellbird lists except a weight belt buckle (please tell me about that one).

Marc :jester:

Just a freebie from MSILVIA, he had one and gave it to me... no story, thank God...

make sure to bring _Complete_ fin straps with a FULL connectors on both ends.

The connector break more often than the strap does. Ya gotta wonder about designed obselecance, 10 euros for a new one.
Someone's making a killing.

Maybe that's why DIR use springs instead.... Hmmm....

Dave.

Instead of carrying an assortment of crescent wrenches for the various hoses/reg fittings (why can't they just make them all standard? Some are imperial, some are metric...) I carry a 6" adjustable wrench. Makes life a little easier. Of course, the usual things are there as well - allen wrenches, zip ties, reg mouthpiece, plugs, o-rings, multi-tool (a free-bee pseudo-leatherman :)). Haven't considered a spare buckle, can't wait to hear the reasoning for it.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. Shellbird beat me to it.

-Roman.

-Roman.

Roman, I know a good place to learn speed typing. :wink:

By the way, thanks to everyone who responded!

notabob once bubbled...

-Roman.

I guess I got ya twice with my hyper-speed typing... sorry.

Back
Top Bottom