NOTICE: Have you emptied your PM's lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'd like to remind everyone how important it is for the Board for you to maintain your PM accounts. Every one of those PM's take up valuable space on the boards servers, space that is needed to keep things running smoothly and fast like we like it. That's the technical terms! I'm amazed at how fast those PM's pile up!

The space that our PM's are taking up has reached a critical point and we are being asked to clean out our accounts or the webmasters will have to do a major clean-up and sweep them all. Don't forget to use the download button for those items you wish to save. It will download your PM's as a text file on your hard drive.

So do us all a favor.... go to your PM list, sort what you need to keep and dump the rest. It won't hurt...I promise! :wink:

Every little bit helps. Not only cleaning out the PMs, but even when you're quoting other members -- try to only quote that portion of the post you really need.

DivingGal once bubbled...
Every little bit helps. Not only cleaning out the PMs, but even when you're quoting other members -- try to only quote that portion of the post you really need.

Amen to that! I hate seeing an entire post quoted just to reference one tiny part of it. Seems to take away from the point the person quoting is trying to make.

Done!

Man I dinna realize how popular a guy I was! :wink:

Mark

:confused:

I'd like to remind everyone how important it is for the Board for you to maintain your PM accounts. Every one of those PM's take up valuable space on the boards servers, space that is needed to keep things running smoothly and fast like we like it. That's the technical terms! I'm amazed at how fast those PM's pile up!

Sorry, guess its because I'm new here... or maybe it's cause I'm not used to message boards (I'm usually on the newsgroups)

Anyway, I have no idea what you are talking about. What is a PM, and how do I go about maintaining it.

:creeper:

DailyLunatic once bubbled...
Anyway, I have no idea what you are talking about. What is a PM, and how do I go about maintaining it.

PM = private message. These are accessed (well one way) through your user control panel (there's a button on the top of this page "user cp"). It's a form of e-mail within Scubaboard.

DailyLunatic once bubbled...
Anyway, I have no idea what you are talking about. What is a PM, and how do I go about maintaining it. :creeper:

At the very bottom of each post is a series of blue buttons. One of them is -MSG- That's your PM )Private Message button. It is an internal messaging system within Scuba Board. To send any member a PM, just hit that MSG buttom and it will lead you to your private messaging area.

To maintain your PM's, go to the top of the page, to the blue User CP button and click that. It leads you to your personal user options, PM's, etc. Go there and poke around a bit....that's the best way I can think of to learn to use it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom