Another day, another dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's nice to get out during the week once in a while to go diving! I met up with KathyD yesterday and we drove down to Lobos on expectations of calm waters, and things indeed looked very nice at the park. There were several dive teams on-site when we arrived, including our very own Bogie, who is such a comedian (in a good way). Since Kathy's had her fill recently of Lone Metridium, we headed the other direction to Granite Point Wall, and enjoyed a fantastic 90-minute dive circumnavigating the wall. Viz was a fantastic 35ft, and bright enough where the sunlight often washed out our dive lights. Hopefully the conditions hold for all the weekend divers!

[youtubehq]lV1W5WSA_RU[/youtubehq]

I hope we have that kind of viz in May!

Interesting that you guys have so many blue rockfish. We have experienced the same large increase in blacks up here. Since they are closely related, I suspect the same favorable conditions for reproduction existed at the same time up and down the Pacific Coast a few years ago.

Thanks for the great dive & beautiful video Kenn! Yesterday was so much fun! It's great to sneak away mid week & see new parts of Lobos. I'm really lovin' these LONG dives in doubles ;-)!

Bogie it was great to see you again!

Kenn,

What a wonderful video and a great choice in song, dude you rock seriously... Seeing that video and hearing the bubbles and music made me feel soothed in the soul...

And it's especially nice to see this dive happen on MARCH 24, 2010... Sort of my birthday gift from my diving friends... :D

MG

I hope we have that kind of viz in May!

Interesting that you guys have so many blue rockfish. We have experienced the same large increase in blacks up here. Since they are closely related, I suspect the same favorable conditions for reproduction existed at the same time up and down the Pacific Coast a few years ago.

Oddly, some of the sites on the Monterey side where I used to see schools of Blues have lost them recently. One thing I can definitely do without was the sea nettle migration and/or population explosion we had last year, which finally seems to have ended. I have seen some claims that they migrated down from the Santa Cruz end of the bay to the Monterey side, but don't know how accurate that is. Did you experience anything similar up your way? I know that having to descend and ascend through and do stops surrounded by them got old quickly; here's a link to a photo taken by John Yasaki on one dive last summer or fall:

http://www.chabotcollege.edu/faculty/jyasaki/photogallery/stuffpics/zP8090070.jpg

Guy

Last edited:
Nice thanks for sharing. I wish I could get out this Saturday as conditions are looking pretty nice. Hopefully others will be able to take advantage of the calm conditions and get some diving in.

Awesome vid. if i were my boss i would require mid week dives daily. hmm note to self.

Back
Top Bottom