Oceanlog/Pro Plus 2 problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingPrincessE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got the oceanlog cable and installed the software last week (which was a PIA btw). I finally got it to work and uploaded the dives that were already in the computer. Yesterday I tried to upload two dives I made on Monday and wasn't able to. I plugged in the USB cable to the laptop, then plugged the cord into my Pro Plus 2, and opened up oceanlog. I thought it would prompt me to upload the new dives (like my iPod does). It didn't. So I tried to import new dives, and that didn't work. I went to oceanic website and couldn't find anything to help.

What am I doing wrong?

What do I have to do/click to upload new dives??

btw, I'm not too computer saavy...so please keep your tips at the basic level.

Also, I tried to unplug and replug the cord into the pro plus 2, and I held it in place. The threads on SB I found mostly talked about "time out" issues, and that wasn't my problem.

Thanks!!

No suggestions? :(

Will do, thanks

Not only do you have to tell the Oceanlog software to import the dives, you must tell the PP2 to allow it. If you're already performing this step, ignore me. I didn't see it listed in the steps your taking to download your dives.

From Page 28 of the users manual --

From Surface Mode:

Press both buttons simultaneously, release when "SET 1" appears.

Press and release the LEFT button FOUR times

You should see "PC" and a countdown from 120 seconds on-screen.

Go to OceanLog and initiate the download before the countdown reaches 0.

OK, Phil's thing helped and I got the countdown...and I opened up the oceanlog software...but then nothing happened.

Go to OceanLog and initiate the download before the countdown reaches 0

How do I initiate a download?

This is soooo irritating. Oceanic, please make your crap more user friendly in the future.

Push this after you have connected the PP2 and set the countdown. The next window will show a red arrow to display dives.

Log.jpg

Thank you!! I was in the Personal and Dive Computer section clicking on all the top icons looking for "start"

Let me try that.

Sorry, its a Blue Arrow!

Here it is.

Log1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom