Datamax pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joey83

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I bought a used Oceanic Datamax Pro. The battery was dead in it so i put a new one in it and it turns on and goes through the diagnostic scroll and after dive 0 it shuts off, should it do this until it is hooked up to a tank?

Allthough the thing is over a decade old.:D
IMO no ot should not do that.But Oceanic PDC's are quite picky on their battery's.
Could be just you bought a elcheapo_Oceanic's don't like them.
Try to find a HIGH DRAIN battery.

Hope it helps

Not sure but I have never seen a dive computer that needed to be hook up to a tank and under pressure to work. Newer Oceanic computers will run through a self test. You will see the numbers count backward when turned on and then go into surface mode.

Oceanic makes fine dive computers BTW but your got a very old one so who knows whats going on.

aklinz,

You might try PMing the OPs in these old threads you are reviving. The OP was last on SB 28 September 2009, over five years ago. It is doubtful they are going to see or respond to you on SB. The PM might send a notification to their personal email, if their registration email is still valid.

How about simply starting your own Thread regarding the parts you need?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom