Print-it-yourself 12-50 zoom gear for Nauticam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ProfF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I recently purchased a small 3D printer (Up! by PP3DP) and immediately started thinking how it can help improve my camera gear. I designed an printed this gear for the Oly 12-50. It allows to control the zoom. It does not do switch to macro (although I got some suggestions how to do that with the built-in gear wheel, but that will wait for V2.0).

Unlike the preliminary version that I used to get images I posted few weeks ago, this zoom gear is from ABS plastic and seems very durable and hopefully survive many dives.

Nir

DSC_3757.jpgDSC_3759.jpgDSC_3762.jpgDSC_3764.jpgDSC_3765.jpgDSC_3769.jpgDSC_3800.jpg

Hi,

I recently purchased a small 3D printer (Up! by PP3DP) and immediately started thinking how it can help improve my camera gear. I designed an printed this gear for the Oly 12-50. It allows to control the zoom. It does not do switch to macro (although I got some suggestions how to do that with the built-in gear wheel, but that will wait for V2.0).

Unlike the preliminary version that I used to get images I posted few weeks ago, this zoom gear is from ABS plastic and seems very durable and hopefully survive many dives.

Nir

View attachment 141665View attachment 141664View attachment 141663View attachment 141662View attachment 141661View attachment 141660View attachment 141659

thks for your info. i was wondering...what is that attachment near to the turn knob? looks like a rod?

thks for that info but shouldn't it be on the other side? there is a threaded hole above the shutter release? i was thinking of fabricating a 'T' handle for the boatman to pick up my casing that way.

AFAIK Nauticam places these holes differently in different models. In the NA-PL3, this is the only one (I checked twice :)

AFAIK Nauticam places these holes differently in different models. In the NA-PL3, this is the only one (I checked twice :)

ok thks for that. cheers

Back
Top Bottom