Histogram/overall display E-PL3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prop Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have an E-PL3. Somehow when I was pressing buttons under water I now have the post shutter "Overall"/histogram display. I'm not sure how I did it but I'd like to go back to "image only" or "simplified image" post shutter view. Manual reads that this has something to do with the "info" button I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get back to "image only" or "simplified image". I'm new to doing everything manual UW and was getting the hang of it until I did this. I have a new strobe system that I'm doing manual and need to see the actual image at this point to adjust intensity of strobe.
Thanks!

I have an E-PL1 but it should be very similar. There is an INFO button to the right of the LCD (1 of 3 buttons). Successive pushing the INFO button should cycle you through several types of information on the display.

After I press the shutter button, I get this displayed for a couple of seconds, that I want to get rid of:

I'd like the simple look of the image I just took, displayed for a couple of seconds, that would look like this.

I'm baffled how to get back to a simple display of the image displayed for a couple of seconds so I can adjust strobe intensity easily.
Help!
Edit: I tried to toggle the "info" button while the offending histogram was displayed but the camera reverts back to TTL view withut changing anything in the subsequent image. Frustrating...

You're on the right track. Whatever info display you last used when displaying a photo (toggle through the INFO menu when viewing a pic) is what will display after you press the shutter. So view a recent picture, press INFO until you get the display overlay you want and that will 'stick' and display after taking a picture.

You're on the right track. Whatever info display you last used when displaying a photo (toggle through the INFO menu when viewing a pic) is what will display after you press the shutter. So view a recent picture, press INFO until you get the display overlay you want and that will 'stick' and display after taking a picture.

Doh!!! Got it! So simple.
Thanks, If your ever in the Chi-Town area PM me and I'll buy you a beer.
Thank You.

Doh!!! Got it! So simple.
Thanks, If your ever in the Chi-Town area PM me and I'll buy you a beer.
Thank You.

Glad to be of assistance. Detroit isn't that far from Chi-Town, however, I would rather tip a Leone in Cozumel (Scuba Club in May).

I really like my E-PL1 with S&S strobe, btw. Watch for the sales of lenses - last month I got a 40-150 m.zuiko for $99.99 and am just waiting for the viewfinders to go on special again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom