Can Olympus E-PL10 do timed photos like GoPro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sabbe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to upgrade to a better sensor and consider the Olympus E-PL10, but I need to be able to take timed photos like a GoPro. I've read the Olympus manual and am not sure if the E-PL10 can do this at the rate I need.

I want to use it for photogrammetry, which requires taking hundreds or thousands of photos. In the past, I set a GoPro to timed photos every 1 or 2 seconds.

I don't want to manually have to trigger each photo, I would much prefer press the button once or to hold the button down and drift along taking a photo every second or two.

I know E-PL10 can take photos much faster, like 8 a second, but I only need 1 every second and don't want to wear out the strobe and fill the memory card.

Sam

Thanks! I must have been mixing it up with sequential mode. One more question does it always shoot the programmed # of images, or can I start/stop to shoot a varied number of images?

I rented an E-PL10 in October, but the 15 minutes of instruction topside proved to be overwhelming as I tried to remember everything the instructor said underwater.

One more question does it always shoot the programmed # of images, or can I start/stop to shoot a varied number of images?
You start the timelapse with a click of the shutter.
You can stop the timelapse with a click of the shutter.

There is an option (I cant remember it right now) to have the camera build the timelapse in camera, you want to make sure this setting is turned off.

Thanks! I must have been mixing it up with sequential mode. One more question does it always shoot the programmed # of images, or can I start/stop to shoot a varied number of images?

I rented an E-PL10 in October, but the 15 minutes of instruction topside proved to be overwhelming as I tried to remember everything the instructor said underwater.

I too am looking at the E-PL10 for photogrammetry. I know the post is a bit old, but did you get any results with this camera?​

I too am looking at the E-PL10 for photogrammetry. I know the post is a bit old, but did you get any results with this camera?​

What is your question. I own the EPL10 but I'm getting ready to sell it off. I can try to answer your question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom