Upgrading from EPL2 to EPL5, specific questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jetlife2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Some questions based on what I have read:

Zen dome WA100 fits PT-EP10 (UWMAG 71) ... correct?
12-50 lens can be used behind both the the WA-100 and the stock flat port of the PT-EP10 (also UWP71) ...correct?

Is the kit 14-42 lens on the EPL5 different than the 14-42 Mk. II on the EPL2?
Asked another way: Using the (EPL2 vintage) 14-42 Mk. II on the EPL5, do you give up the faster AF of the EPL5?

Does the zoom gear that fits the PT-EP03 also fit the PT-EP10?

Thanks!

Jetlife,

I am far from being an expert but I recently purchased an E-LP5 camera and I am now in the process of acquiring supporting diving accessories for it. The standard port allows full use of the 9-18mm, 14-42 mm and the 60mm lenses.

As for using the 12-50 mm with the standard port, the following comes straight from the Olympus site:

Also suitable for PT-EP10 underwater case is the M.ZUIKO ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6-3 EZ lens, but with restrictions in zooming function. There are 2 fixed zooming functions available by setting the camera to the UW macro and UW tele mode.

I was told that there was no zoom gear for it. With regard to Zen port, Zen site advertizes that it fits both 9-18 mm and 14-42 but nothing is mentionned for the 12-50mm. One recommendation I received was a 9-18mm + Zen dome and 60mm macro lens was a good combo with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom