New Olympus E-M1 Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PHIL RUDIN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
My in depth review of the Olympus E-M1 and Nauticam NA-EM1 housing is now available at underwater Photography Photography magazine, UWPMAG.com,
this is a Free PDF download.

Phil Rudin

P2230164.jpg

Great article Phil. I wish you would quit looking at new cameras and starting my "get a new camera mode"....:D

Great read. Thanks. Looking forward to mine and some diving with it soon

This is a wonderful system that I would recommend to all skill levels. Quite expandable with a long list of excellent high quality lenses. Unlike many of the reviews I do for UWPMAG.com this is my personal choice of equipment.

Photos on the job in the Philippines, Clown fish eggs with the SAGA +15 closeup lens.

P2180337.jpgP2170011.jpgP2120040.jpg

Phil:

A question if you don't mind...

I read your review and see you are using the 60x250 carbon fiber float arms for buoyancy. I have an EM5 housing and that would not be enough buoyancy for me with a macro port or the 4.33" port. Is the EM1 housing that much more buoyant or do you just like it fairly negative?

Not at all, I am still working out the buoyancy needed for my system as I go. I have since added some closed cell blocks and will make the final combo that works for me going forward, based on the lens and port combos I am using.

Debating between the aquatica and nauticam housing. Is there any really difference? I found out aquatica is right here in Montreal.

I think the Aquatica housing for the E-M1 has just debuted for the first time at Beneath The Sea last weekend. I have not yet had a chance to see or test drive this new housing. I have read all of the press releases and the housing looks quite nice. Aquatica, like Nauticam has an excellent reputation for quality equipment. Let use know what you think if you have a chance to visit the factory and see the housing and components.

Phil Rudin

Yeah ill see if i can walk in, ill give them a call.

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2014 at 10:25 PM ----------

Well last day for the sale could not resist. The lens is super sharp and the feel and grip of the camera is light years ahead of my e-pl5. I doubt I'll use this pro lens u/w but on land it's pretty useful. Still trying to figure it all out. So many buttons!
ge7unyqy.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom