Question Anybody using the Olympus ports to AOI OM-1 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whsmac

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello

I have E-M1 MKII with Oly housing PT-EP14 and my ports are PPO-E04(Dome) and PPO-E03(Macro). I have been using these port from E-520 and the port adaptor PAD-EP08 can make it.

Nowadays, I consider to buy OM-1 and AOI housing UH-OM1, I wonder can I still use these ports I have. Because, upgrading all gears at one time include dome and macro ports is too much expensive. So I need help for these cases as below.

Q1. If I attach AOI ER-PN_OD-37(Extension Ring 37mm for PEN Mount Housing to OM-D Port), Olympus 8mm lens is possible without vinneting?

Q2. Is there other port adaptor for the old Olympus ports to PEN port? PAD-EP08 is fit for OM-D housing.

Anybody has expereince or idea, please let me know.

Thanks for reading and hope to be happy in New year.

The AOI port adapter is clunky, but it works. I haven't tried an OMD port intended for the 8mm, but my guess is that it would vignette. I tried the macro port, and it was too long to be effective with the adapter, especially for the 30mm.

I went with a PEN port for the 8mm; with the 34mm AOI extension ring it works great with the Olympus 12-45. Without the extension ring, it works in a pinch for macro (until you can get a dedicated macro port).

The AOI port adapter is clunky, but it works. I haven't tried an OMD port intended for the 8mm, but my guess is that it would vignette. I tried the macro port, and it was too long to be effective with the adapter, especially for the 30mm.

I went with a PEN port for the 8mm; with the 34mm AOI extension ring it works great with the Olympus 12-45. Without the extension ring, it works in a pinch for macro (until you can get a dedicated macro port).
Thanks for your expereince. What is the name of of your PEN port for 8mm and 12-45mm lens? AOI DLP-07 or Olympus dome port?

Mine is from Inon. I don’t remember the model number, but they should all be the same optically.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom