Compatibility between lens port and housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Gerhartz

Contributor
Reaction score
I have the Olympus PT-EP14 housing with the PPO-EP01 port. Can I use the Port Extension Ring PER-E01 with this combination, or do I also need the Port Adapter PAD-EP08 in order to make that work?
Thanks!

I don't believe you can use the extension ring with that port as it's designed for the old 4/3 system. One end would need the PAD-EP08 adapter to mount to the housing, and I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to mount the other end to the PPO-EP01 port unless you could remove the "base" that goes into the housing.

As an alternative, old 4/3 flat ports are pretty cheap- something like a PPO-E02 with the PAD-EP08 is pretty long, even without the extension ring. You might also be able to put together something with modern AOI ports and extension rings. Just out of curiosity, what lens are you looking to run?

Thanks, I got an older system for the Pen2, with the PT-EP03 housing and PPO-EP1 dome as well as the Zen dome to run the 9-18mm in it. I can run both the 14-42mm and the 9-18mm in the new housing, but I have a12-60mm f2.8 Leica lens, that provides superb image quality. I can close the housing using this lens, but it is too tight for comfort.

I use PAD-EP08 adapter for using the old Olympus dome & macro port to Olympus PT housing has OM-D mount. PAD-EP08 adapter can use the old Olympus ports who has thread such as PPO-E01 to PPO-E04.

If you want Extension ring between PT housing with OM-D mount and PPO-EP01 port, I think AOI extension ring 22mm OMD Port to OMD Mount Housing AOI ER-OD_OD-22 could be the answer.

Of course I have no experience to meet them, please ask and be confirmed by AOI distributer.

Back
Top Bottom