Resort on Tingloy/Maricaban Is off Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RebreatherSuperHero

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a dive resort on that Island just off of Anilao alternately called Tingloy or Maricaban Island?

Alternately, does anyone know if LaLaguna Beach Resort does day trips to that Island? Seems closer than Verde Island...

Yes there is a new resort there just recently completed. However I don't think they have a website yet, its filipino owned and has a small beach out front. I'll try to get the details when this weekend.

Maricaban is far from Verde and Puerto Galera. Quite far indeed. Any special reason why you want to go there? Everyone goes to that side from Mabini (anilao) area, its just a 15 minute boat ride from aquaventure.

I was planning on every other day of taking a private bankga in the late afternoon ( if I can find a private bangka) to LaLaguna in the late afternoon as opposed to staying in Anilao, taking a taxi to Batangas Pier, then a ferry to PG then a drive to Lalaguna....the ferry's stop running to PG at 3:30 p.m. I think....

It looks like Tingoy is closer to LaLaguna then Verde Island is....

I know, I know, it is half baked, lol, but they have oxygen and a booster at LaLaguna and Anilao area is supposed to have great macro and Tingloy to PG via private bangka is closer.....

Its a lot more complicated than that. Crossing to the Anilao area from Puerto Galera takes more planning than just taking off when you feel like it. When we do trips to Puerto Galera from Anilao we have to leave really early in the morning so the sea will be as flat as possible. If you get off late a 45 minute boat ride becomes 1 hour and 30 minutes or you might cancel the whole trip totally. You also have to be heading back by 2 or 3 pm at the latest lest you be caught in the dark in the middle of a shipping channel. You are crossing a major body of water when doing PG to Anilao.

You want to do a tec dive in Maricaban? There is Oxygen in Aquaventure (they could fill up to 50% 220 bar for deco gases) along with Helium. Unfortunately they don't have a booster pump. On the other hand, there isn't much to go to on trimix in Anilao. You could be happy already with a twin and 5.5 li 50 deco for dives up to 45m reefs. But if you really need pure O2 it can be arranged.

Why don't you go to Anilao stay for 3 or 4 days of rec diving then head over to PG. 3 to 4 days of diving is enough to see what Anilao has to offer.

in that case...
rebreathersuperhero - a slight breeze blows from the east during the morning and heavy north/northwest winds in the afternoon...

hope that helps :D

Axua:
Yes there is a new resort there just recently completed. However I don't think they have a website yet, its filipino owned and has a small beach out front. I'll try to get the details when this weekend.

Maricaban is far from Verde and Puerto Galera. Quite far indeed. Any special reason why you want to go there? Everyone goes to that side from Mabini (anilao) area, its just a 15 minute boat ride from aquaventure.
we did an SI at some resort on maricaban... the side facing malajibomanoc island and bonito...

it was a 30-minute from balai... how can it be 15 from aquav? or do you mean any point in maricaban?

Jag

Axua:
Its a lot more complicated than that. Crossing to the Anilao area from Puerto Galera takes more planning than just taking off when you feel like it. When we do trips to Puerto Galera from Anilao we have to leave really early in the morning so the sea will be as flat as possible. If you get off late a 45 minute boat ride becomes 1 hour and 30 minutes or you might cancel the whole trip totally. You also have to be heading back by 2 or 3 pm at the latest lest you be caught in the dark in the middle of a shipping channel. You are crossing a major body of water when doing PG to Anilao.

You want to do a tec dive in Maricaban? There is Oxygen in Aquaventure (they could fill up to 50% 220 bar for deco gases) along with Helium. Unfortunately they don't have a booster pump. On the other hand, there isn't much to go to on trimix in Anilao. You could be happy already with a twin and 5.5 li 50 deco for dives up to 45m reefs. But if you really need pure O2 it can be arranged.

Why don't you go to Anilao stay for 3 or 4 days of rec diving then head over to PG. 3 to 4 days of diving is enough to see what Anilao has to offer.
or just to villa ligaya? they're a tech resort so they should have all the different gasses you need and equipment

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom