Fantastic diving in Anilao - report & photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
how can I put it simply? Anilao rocks!!

All 3 of us had been to Lembeh before, but Anilao blew us away. we just completed 46 dives with Peri at Club Ocellaris.

I think we all wore out our camera shutters.

We saw dozens of unique critters, and over 100 nudibranch species. Bobbit worms, colemani shrimps, flamboyant cuttlefish, ambon scorpionfish, 6 pipehorse species, seahorses like crazy, wonderpus, 2 rhinopia species, mucho frogfish, huge schools jacks, napolean wrasse, schooling great barracuda, mantis shrimps under every rock, and the list goes on and on. The reefs were beautiful, all covered in more crinoids than i've ever seen in my life, in so many different colors. extremely healthy coral.

The resort and our guide were excellent. great food, great boat crew. vis was good, weather great, water was 81-84. We can't wait to go back! I think some of you guys have been keeping this place a secret thanks to all the scubaboarders who helped me answer my research questions before the trip.

Critter & reef photos can be seen here:
Scott : photos : Anilao underwater- powered by SmugMug

and my nudibranch gallery is here:
Scott : photos : Anilao Nudibranchs- powered by SmugMug

and here's some sample photos:

enjoy, Scott

412813227_BwnBZ-M.jpg

dueling gobies on wire coral

412851697_Xh7qd-M.jpg

rhinopia frondosus

412848992_aXuxj-M.jpg

hairy squat lobster

413533110_p787U-M.jpg

flamboyant cuttlefish

412813753_SoW9v-M.jpg

peacock mantis shrimp

412815753_bYrtk-M.jpg

ribbon eels

412821465_oyALr-M.jpg

orange Rhinopia

412821131_TVLip-M.jpg

Mating Nembrotha chamberlaini

412837614_TJQgw-M.jpg

juvenile longfin batfish

412847840_nebjY-M.jpg

schooling jacks

412922456_tDV7s-M.jpg

baby pufferfish, less than 1 inch long

Wonderful shots, Scott! :) 46 dives? How long were you there?

great pictures scott! thanks for posting.

Hey, Scott... the vis in that one picture looks almost as good as we had last weekend at the dive park! Just teasing you guys... your reports made me very jealous. I may dive Anilao next spring if my trip to Palawan comes through.

NIce Pictures, I am heading to Anilao in the morning I hope the weather holds and the visibility is as good as it looks in those pictures. This is my first trip to Anilao, I had hoped to make it to the last DOR, but got stuck in meeting.

Cheers,
Roger

I am very glad I had the chance to dive there for two weekends. My camera skills still need a lot of work though!

really excited to go back there this saturday... i hope i can see these guys din.

Back
Top Bottom