Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol courtesy map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Below is a map of the immediate area of Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol.
I did not post the corresponding names to the numbers here because I update the map from time to time.
The current map and key are on MY WEBSITE.
A print quality version is also available at the above link for downloading.

map.jpg

Excellent map! Thanks. What is the best way to get from Cebu airport to Alona Beach?

Excellent map! Thanks. What is the best way to get from Cebu airport to Alona Beach?

Taxi (metered or flat rate) to the Cebu seaport. Take a fast craft, Weesam or Supercat at Pier 4. Ocean Jet at Pier 1, to Tagbilaran, Bohol (2 to 2.5 hours) . Supercat seems to be the cleanest and best but also the most expensive, currently about 500 Pesos one way.

My experience is the Cebu metered taxis are less expensive than the flat rate unless you know what the average metered fare is and can get a flat rate for about the same.
Heavy traffic can run up the metered fare so it depends on the time of day and flat rate drivers can more easily take advantage of you. It is about 30 to 45 minutes from the airport on Mactan Island to the piers in Cebu City.

Van or car or tricycle from Tagbilaran Airport to Alona beach, all flat rate (about 30 minutes). Van about 500 Pesos, Car about 400 Pesos and Tricycle about 200 Pesos. If you can find others going to Alona Beach you may be able to share a van and save some money.

For any flat rate transportation be sure you get the TOTAL PRICE ahead of time. And by total I mean for all persons and luggage. Be sure you agree on the TOTAL PRICE (no extras) in advance.

No total - no ride.

Last edited:
No substitute for local knowledge! Thanks Gilligan that's exactly the sort of information I needed. How long is the trip on the Supercat? What are your favourite dives near Alona?

No substitute for local knowledge! Thanks Gilligan that's exactly the sort of information I needed. How long is the trip on the Supercat? What are your favourite dives near Alona?

Fastcraft ride is about 2 to 2.5 hours depending on ocean conditions and any "unforeseen mechanical delays" :D

My personal dive site favorites in Alona Beach are Arco Pt. and BBC. The others are all good except Tawala Marine Sanctuary. It use to have a school of Jack Fish. Not sure where they went? Maybe they got :eat:
Most visitors favor Balicasag Island. There are schools of Jack's there and Barracuda as well. I also like Doljo Point.

bohol_dive_sites.jpg

Thanks again Jim. Sorry to pester you but do you know if any of the Alona Beach dive places do a bubble maker. My 9 year old is desperate to start diving.

Back
Top Bottom