Trip Report Little Cayman Beach Resort February 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't find out about the lack of Nitrox until 2 weeks before I left and a credit was issued as I had prepaid for Nitrox fills for all dives. Initially I was concerned about this due to daily repetitive dives but it really wasn't an issue as I was careful of my depth, bottom time and surface intervals. The lack of Nitrox didn't significantly alter my dive plan for the week. By the way, this was the first time I haven't used Nitrox in 16 years and it really wasn't an issue. I always dive with two computers and both showed me in the clear at the end of the week.

There were a couple of divers who went significantly deeper on the first dives of the day (I stop at 110 ft) and they seemed to be OK with their profiles (although I have a suspicion, they weren't really paying attention).View attachment 830182
That's a herd :). How many divers on your boat?

Disappointing regarding the nitrox, but may only have made a difference on the second dive of the day. My surface intervals were 40-45 min.

thanks for the report. I've done Cayman Brac (CBBR) a couple of times and am running another trip back there in December.
Much the same from what you say. CBBR runs similarly. The staff is awesome, the diving great!
i really like the "low key" pace of CBBR. Plentiful food and a varied menu.
Might run a trip to Little Cayman in 2025.

I found that the drink package is worthwhile even if you don't drink alcohol. the cost of nonalcoholic drinks was pretty high. Fortunately. I do drink! :cool:

That's a herd :). How many divers on your boat?

Disappointing regarding the nitrox, but may only have made a difference on the second dive of the day. My surface intervals were 40-45 min.
Morning dives had 16 pp on board. Afternoon dives our boat got the other boats who only had 4 or 5 that wanted to dive. A few afternoons we had 20 pp on board (hence the herd). I kept to the back or to the sides or did my own thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom