diving in the philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gujatibi

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!
Im planning a holiday trip of 20 days in the philippines.:cool2:
We would like to visit Anilao (for muck diving) and Tubbatha Reef on a liveaboard.
Any suggestions about resort/diving in Anilao and liveaboard in Tubbatha Reef?
It will be for next March.

A lot depends on budget - Aquaventure and Arthur's would be two of the best Anilao resorts and would come with high recommendations - Planet Dive is also worth a mention.

Tubbatha wise, Expedition Fleet (Scuba Diving Destinations | Expedition Fleet Liveaboards: Scuba Diving Philippines and Palau!) tend to have a bad reputation, although I went with them on the Stella Maris Explorer last year and was very impressed. My advice would be to go with this boat as opposed to one of the other three (older) boats, it's a little more expensive but is worth the extra and more importantly is a lot more reliable!

The other good option would be the Atlantis Azores (Atlantis Azores - Atlantis Dive Resorts and Liveaboards Philippines), I can't say I've been on this boat but it looks a good operation.

There's also several other smaller operations visiting Tubbatha but be warned it can get quite rough so a bigger boat is a lot more comfortable!

The season is normally March to June but leave the trip as late as you can in your trip - i.e. late March or early April, the later you leave it the more you should see. Try to plan a trip with a full or new moon if possible also, the current will be very strong but that's when you really see things there!

Karl

You can save a lot if you go on the transition trip to Tubbataha. The boats all move from winter areas in the north (Anilao) to the reef port (Puerto Princesa) in early March, and return in early June. Cost is much less. Call and ask, it books early.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom