Rainy season where are some good places to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be coming back to the Philippnes in August 15th. I know it is the middle of the rainy eason. Any suggestions of good places to go diving that are not effect by the weather?

Thanks.

Getting wet is never an issue for a scuba trip. But we do love the sun, don't we?
How about flying into Cebu City and then try to find out which area is least affected by weather?
Aug is low season so I do believe advance reservation is usually not necessary.

I agree, just fly into Cebu then take it from there based on weather.

I was in Bohol and Moaboal last week of August 2011. Except for Oasis in Bohol, everyone had availability on Alona beach. I had many room choices just showing up. In Moalboal I had seen very few people. Is was pretty dead last August in Moalboal.

I have been to Moalboal and Alona Beach, both are great places. I was wondering since August is the wet season if it screws up all the scuba diving in the Philippines? Any good places in southern area?

I have been to Moalboal and Alona Beach, both are great places. I was wondering since August is the wet season if it screws up all the scuba diving in the Philippines? Any good places in southern area?
Davao and General Santos.
Dived Davao once and have a mixed feeling. The sites are miles away but some of them are pretty good. Have to pay the boat all by myself because I was the only customer during the week-day, weekend is better.
Dived Gen San twice and stay with Chris(Tuna City) and Paul(South Point) on seperated occasion. South Point offers the best location and the best site(my opinion) of Tinoto Wall. The resort is nice but too remote from anything. Dive, eat and sleep!!

Do check with the general weather pattern in Aug. Southern Mindanao is supposed to be typhoon free.
BTW, I wonder if Uncle Sam has issued travel warning to Mindanao?
I have been warned not to go to Cotobato but NOT Davao and Gen San.
Don't take my words for it, it is your trip.

I have dove in Davao twice now near the Pearl farm resort. OK diving. Never been to Gen Santos. Gen. Santos is getting very close to the touble area of Zamboanga. I might try Leyte or Siquijor. Then I can do Dumaguete and Moalboal and Alona Beach again. I will only have 2 to 3 weeks total. I also thought about going to Siargao for some surfing and maybe fishing? But it is just a thought?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom