Found a .45 today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefGuy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got a call to assist another SO, from Highlands county. They had info that a .45 auto that was used in a homicide there last Saturday was dumped in a canal in Pt. Charlotte.

Got to the scene and hooked up with the Highlands detective, suited up and got wet. I was tender, with Wildbill on Gator watch (I think he just likes to play with his AR). Found the weapon after around a 30 minute search, bagged it and turned it over to Highlands.

It was a good callout, went textbook, and made some tentative plans for Highlands to come play with us in January.

ReefGuy:
Got a call to assist another SO, from Highlands county. They had info that a .45 auto that was used in a homicide there last Saturday was dumped in a canal in Pt. Charlotte.

Got to the scene and hooked up with the Highlands detective, suited up and got wet. I was tender, with Wildbill on Gator watch (I think he just likes to play with his AR). Found the weapon after around a 30 minute search, bagged it and turned it over to Highlands.

It was a good callout, went textbook, and made some tentative plans for Highlands to come play with us in January.

Tooooooo Cool !!

Thanks for finding the weapon, hopefully it will lead to
getting a bad guy off the streets.

p.s. gator's good eaten. :D

bob

Congrats on your find, that can't be easy.

ReefGuy:

Reefguy!

Good job on the recovery. I am curious as to how your determined your search area? I assume either you had to have a witness or the perp talked? Also, are your canals pretty much black water? As much as I wish we had a better track record on weapons, the point of searching tends to be a guess at best!

Good job.

Dan

Good job, I start my metal-detector classes Sat and Sun this week and next Sat and Sun. We do some dirt diving first and then we do underwater next. Its a 8 hr class with about 3 hrs above and the rest in the water. I give give each diver a packet on fisher and white equip. about 2 weeks before the class, that way they can read up on the equipment before class and then we dont have to spend as much time at the water. this time of year the water temp is about 42 degrees and air temp is about 30 degrees. and some time it snows.
grumpie........

Great job on the find, your team should be very proud :D I just wonder why the bad guys think if they throw things in the water that the are LOST FOREVER..... hope it helps nail 'em!

GOOD JOB!

Now hang the SOB. I guess that eliminates me from the jury pool. :wink:

Loaded or not?

I found a 45 today as well. It was on my right hip. :D

Gary D.

Thanks, guys. We had some pretty good intel on this one, but I don't know where it came from. The gun was pretty much right where the case detective said it would be. The vis was pretty decent, around 6", water temp 70.

I don't know if it was loaded, so it was. It did have a clip in it. We bagged it underwater and turned it over to the case detective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom