atomic z2x or apeks xtx50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ofl0926

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey whats up everyone. i am currently in the market for a new regulator and i am deciding between the two mentioned regulators above. the type of diving i do is mostly recreational but will eventually progress into wreck diving. i know they are both really good regs but what advantage or disadvantage will i have with one verus the other one?

Both are good. At the end of the day we chose Atomic not because of technical reasons as both are very similar but because the Atomic second stages are a bit more streamlined. Apex and the derivatives just seem klunky to me. SInce then I have found the Atomics very easy to work on and service.

Both are good. At the end of the day we chose Atomic not because of technical reasons as both are very similar but because the Atomic second stages are a bit more streamlined. Apex and the derivatives just seem klunky to me. SInce then I have found the Atomics very easy to work on and service.

copy that.

Atomic is a piston AFAIK Apeks is a diaphragm. For cold water around 40f I would chose Apeks for warmer water I would chose what is more convenient to service. The rest I think its more of a personal preference

As you are on FL i would also look at zeagle although i prefer apeks second stages

Atomic is a piston AFAIK Apeks is a diaphragm. For cold water around 40f I would chose Apeks for warmer water I would chose what is more convenient to service. The rest I think its more of a personal preference

As you are on FL i would also look at zeagle although i prefer apeks second stages

well i have two very good dive shops that i do business with but ones sells atomic and the other sells apeks.

As long as you're not diving cold water, the Atomics will be an excellent reg. Take care of it and the Z2 will last a lifetime, as will te XTX50. If you decided Atomic, compare the Z2 with the Z2X. You may decide to opt for the former since it is less expensive because of the Comfort Swivel Hose.

Back
Top Bottom