Conshelf DIN adapter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EODiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I know that they are old school, but I really like my Conshelfs. They are hard working, durable reg's, but have a yoke fitting. I would like to use them on my DIN valves. I haven't found a DIN nozzle (actually 2) at a reasonable price since they appear to have been discontinued. Does anyone know of a suitable substitution? The Titan is not a viable substitution, as it is a different thread pattern. I tried a DIN nozzle from one of my Apex's but no joy there either.

I haven't found the thread count on the Conshelf nozzle anywhere. If anybody knows, it would help so I can find an acceptable replacement.

Thanks, but I'm still interested in the thread count/ pitch and if there is any comparable replacement.

The only mainstream regs that have that kind of external thread arrangement (that I know of) are Mares and Sherwood and neither of them fit.
I think you are limited to Conshelf specific DIN converters.

There is a Conshelf 21 first stage with a DIN adapter on the Bay right now. Search for Conshelf

The yoke threads on the Conshelf, the Aqua Lung Titan and several other Aqua Lung regulators are the same.

They all are 0.780” x 20 threads per inch. It is an odd size, but I have had many regulator parts machined with that same threads. The threads on yokes are interchangeable.

The reason why the Titan DIN fitting doesn’t work wit the Conshelf is because the Titan has an O-ring groove at the base of the threads to the DIN fitting to seal. The Conshelf doesn’t have that O-ring groove.

The Conshelf DIN fitting has an O-ring groove inside and seals on the same face surface that the regulator would use to seal on a regular yoke valve. Therefore, the Conshelf DIN fitting would work with a Conshelf, a Titan, or my Phoenix Royal Aqua Master, but the Titan DIN fitting will only seal in a Titan with the O-ring in the proper groove.

I think you can still order a Conshelf DIN fitting from Aqua Lung, but it is expensive. Or you can continue to look on eBay.

I have both Conshelf and Titan DIN fittings and several Conshelf, Titans, and Phoenix Royal Aqua Master.

Here is a Conshelf DIN fitting on one of my Phoenix RAM:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/vi.../307506-poseidon-doubles-din-phoenix-ram.html

Luis, I'm glad you chimed in, I knew that you or Nemrod would know. Now if I got a DIN adapter for a Titan and turned an O ring grove on the inside, I would be in the right ballpark? I would love to try it on my PRAM, it seems to be a little longer and would give better positioning with my LP98. You wouldn't have a couple of pics that I could see would you?

Thanks for the starting point.

Here are some small images of a Titan DIN adapter installation (from a service manual).

You can see that the O- ring groove is in the body of the Titan. The Conshelf and the Phoenix RAM do not have that groove. I guess you could add it to the Conshelf, but you no not want to modify the Phoenix RAM with that groove.

Titan1stg_rev3_094.jpg

Titan1stg_rev3_095.jpg

Titan1stg_rev3_097.jpg

That helps alot, and I see exactly what you are saying about the PRAM. This is a one way street, no going back after you start. With that, most of the guys at work claim that I'm related to Hernan Cortes (the spanish explorer) anyway. I appreciate the pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom