DiverGuard looks for skeptics bloggers/reporters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverGuard

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

DiverGuard has just put a new safety device on the market. DiverGuard - Saves Divers' Lives! | Indiegogo

As you know, DiverGuard is a revolutionary safety device – so the diving community naturally is skeptical.

I am confident that DiverGuard will speak for itself.

That’s why I’m looking for 3 to 5 bloggers/reporters to take the DiverGuard challenge. We’ll put the DiverGuard into their hands and let them try it for themselves. When they’ve seen what our product can do, they can describe their experiences to their readers.

We prefer bloggers with lots of followers so that their message reaches as many divers as possible. Writers who have popular blogs and reporters on highly ranked websites are encouraged to contact us. .

Requirements:
  • An open mind - No preconceived ideas about "something that auto inflates"
  • The ability to test the device and post a report in a short time, such as a few days after the DiverGuard arrives.
  • Please include pros AND cons (even if you consider the device nearly perfect :) )
  • Bloggers/reporters who have the ability and the equipment to include video and photos in their descriptions are preferred.

Think you’re the right person for the DiverGuard assignment? Contact us as soon as possible. To recommend someone else please do so in the forum or in a private message.

Thanks,
Netanel Raisch
www.DiverGuard.com

Is the battery user replaceable? Is it able to be replaced at all? $350 is a lot if it only lasts 100 dives, I would have burned one out already this year, and I don't keep pace with some of the people on SB.

Other than that, I can see this being a useful tool for vacation divers or divers who don't dive a lot and lose track of their air. It could also help with Deep/shallow water blackouts by bringing the person to the surface. Sure you might be bent, but you aren't dead.

who pays for the hospital bill when it malfunctions, inflates the BC, and the diver suffers a DCS hit, and possibly lung injuries?

If your BC malfunctions and you begin an ascent, you would do the same as you would with a current stuck power inflater. You would disconnec

I thought it was to protect you you from underwater goon/perverts with no shoes or socks. My mistake.

I have seen at least two cases where a diver did a temporary air share to lengthen a dive. Once was in Mexico where on a drift dive we had a diver tearing through his air. The DM grabbed his belt and held him underneath and the diver relaxed and breathed off the spare reg of the DM. Went back on his own air before the ascent.

The other time was in Greece doing a night dive with a guide. She had grabbed a partially full tank and was getting low on air toward the end of the dive. As we were returning she breathed off my spare reg for a few minutes and then went back on her own.

Had a diver think she had a reg problem and did an air share with me for a few minutes until we sorted out her issue. Then she was back on her tank.

In every one of these three cases the last thing we would have wanted was auto inflation. if you are using somebody else's air this machine thinks you are not breathing and autoinflates.

In every one of these three cases the last thing we would have wanted was auto inflation. if you are using somebody else's air this machine thinks you are not breathing and autoinflates.

Not that I'm trying to pitch this thing - I'm not sure I'd want one. The video says you get an audible alarm for 20 seconds prior to inflation. During that time you can press a button to disable the alarm. The sound would be super annoying but plenty of time to avert catastrophe in that scenario unless it malfunctions.

Not that I'm trying to pitch this thing - I'm not sure I'd want one. The video says you get an audible alarm for 20 seconds prior to inflation. During that time you can press a button to disable the alarm. The sound would be super annoying but plenty of time to avert catastrophe in that scenario unless it malfunctions.

I listened again and it said you have 7 seconds to push the button if it detects no breathing for 30 seconds. Just what I want to have to worry about in the middle of an air share. The 20 seconds is something else.

If your BC malfunctions and you begin an ascent, you would do the same as you would with a current stuck power inflater. You would disconnec
The problem I see with this is that the divers who would actually benefit from this device probably wouldn't have enough sense to do that.This is a great device to make a PSD's job really easy, aside from that this is like rigging an automatic ejection seat. I don't like playing goose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom