Wish list for UWatec Sol/Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I saw this kind of thread about the Atomic Cobalt and thought it a good idea, so will start one for the UWatec Sol/Luna.

Alarms can be useful and annoying. I hear the alarm, look at the computer but the thing keeps beeping at me for two more minutes (Sol in my case) and alters the display to show the alarm. Once an alarm goes off the computer should display, next to one of the buttons, "acknowledge" or "accept" or something like that, so pressing the button cancels the alarm and returns the normal display. Once I acknowledge the alarm, it has served its function and should turn off.

well, since you started the thread.....how about an OLED full color display?

Another one: In compass mode, before resetting the bearing (pressing the middle button), to ask for confirmation. So you don't accidentally lose a bearing.

Right now the lubber line of the compass is assumed pointing forward with the elbow bent at right angle. I would like to be able to set the angle of the lubber line to be settable in the settings, so I can have it pointing forward with elbow at a more comfortable partially bent angle. I've done this with my analog compass by rotating it on my wrist, but with the Sol it's impossible because of the way it wraps around the wrist.

I have hearing loss, though I can most conversation, I can not hear my luna's sounds.

Heck while we are on it. How about a vibration as an alarm option? Of course I want something I can down load and put on my current luna. I like the lubber line idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heck while we are on it. How about a vibration as an alarm option? Of course I want something I can down load and put on my current luna. I like the lubber line idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vibrating alarm is a good thought, but I don't think you'd feel it through a wetsuit, and certainly not through a drysuit.

---------- Post added January 29th, 2013 at 10:59 PM ----------

I have hearing loss, though I can most conversation, I can not hear my luna's sounds.

How about if the loudness or the pitch of the alarm could be settable in the settings?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom