Thread problem switching to new posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krawlings

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I do not know if I am in the right place t post this. When I open a thread and try and click on the next page the page will come up ,but only momenteraly and go back to the origanal page . Is this a web sight problem or is this aproblem on my end ?

-> Moved to Site Support <-

What browser and OS are you using?

If nobody else has this problem (which I've not heard of this problem) then it could be you (no offense) :)

Is it all threads or can you point to a specific example? If citing an example, it might also help saying exactly when you tested it.

One glitch I've run into is where the thread has exactly the right number of posts to fill a page (whatever your posts per page settings might be.) The server software then reports that there is one more page than actually exists, and the extra one points back at the real last one. Try comparing the reported number of posts in the thread and see if it corresponds to the number of pages it's claiming exist. (I think I've seen this on other sites running vBulletin. I have a faint memory that it doesn't always happen either, but may only show itself in threads where the mods have deleted posts or moved them somewhere else.)

I've seen that error as well- example- 10 total posts and it will have a "next" to click on but nothing there, just reloads the first page over again. Used to happen all the time but the error seemed to go away some time ago.

All threads and it happens on my personal computer and my work computer . I allso opened a thread that had more than 5 pages and it still did the same thing. the next page will come up for a fue seconds then it will go right back to the first page.

Hmm... What OS and Browser do you use?

Nobody else has this problem that I know of. I'll look at a few things...

Is this still happening? I can't find anything in particular wrong with the site that would cause this.

Have you tried a different skin?

At the bottom of the page is the "Quick Style Chooser" - try the ScubaBoard classic style, and see if its the same deal?

Is it all threads or can you point to a specific example? If citing an example, it might also help saying exactly when you tested it.

One glitch I've run into is where the thread has exactly the right number of posts to fill a page (whatever your posts per page settings might be.) The server software then reports that there is one more page than actually exists, and the extra one points back at the real last one. Try comparing the reported number of posts in the thread and see if it corresponds to the number of pages it's claiming exist. (I think I've seen this on other sites running vBulletin. I have a faint memory that it doesn't always happen either, but may only show itself in threads where the mods have deleted posts or moved them somewhere else.)

I'll second this issue. I'll be on page 156, and the page count says 157, but when one clicks on 157, it just goes back to 156. What is the trigger point for the program to list the next page? Perhaps it trigger the page count when last post =xx9, but the page isn't created until last post = x(x_1)0.

Vista 32 & 64, w/IE8; Win7 32 & 64, with . . . Win7 IE8? Whatchamaycallit.

I opened a new thread for the same problem. In my case, both computers are running firefox 3.5.3 in Linux. I just tried the cubaBoard Classic style, and that does not appear to resolve the issue...

The trigger point is set in your usercp - options. You determine how many posts are on each page.

If only 3 members are having this problem; it makes it very difficult to trouble shoot. Is it EVERY thread? Can you provide links to specific threads if there are only certain threads?

Back
Top Bottom