How to: Using Countdown Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the countdown timer has been AWOL. :(

Seems like's it's working again to me.

[countdown=1/30/2025 12:00 PM]Count down:[/countdown] Until Scubaboard Explodes

for anyone else to reference/use, use the below and insert/edit in your own date

[countdown=1/30/2025 12:00 PM]Count down:[/countdown]until blah blah...

Last edited by a moderator:
And where is this particular countdown timer found?

uh Mike I are a little slow so can you go even slower and put the directions up in stupid terms so I can figure it out. I cant uncode your above example. thanks kev

for anyone else to reference/use, use the below and insert/edit in your own date

[countdown=1/30/2025 12:00 PM]Count down:[/countdown]until blah blah

First, ignore the two "noparse" terms in the square brackets.

[ countdown=1/30/2010 12:00 PM ] Count down: :[/ countdown ] until something happens

Put the date and time in the first part. remove all the spaces except that one between the date and the time. then put your own descripton instead of the "until something happens".

uh Mike I are a little slow so can you go even slower and put the directions up in stupid terms so I can figure it out. I cant uncode your above example. thanks kev

examples: {You'll have to quote this post to see the formats.}

[countdown=7/4/2010 12:01 AM]Count down:[/countdown] until 4th of July.
[countdown=1/18/2010 12:01 AM]Count down:[/countdown] until MLK Federal Holiday.
[countdown=1/16/2010 11:01 pM]Count down:[/countdown] until I'm back from holiday!

damn... I don't remember starting this thread....

I'm guessing it was "spun off" from another thread..... blah... blah...

[countdown=1/30/2025 12:00 PM]Count down:[/countdown]until blah blah

First, ignore the two "noparse" terms in the square brackets.

[ countdown=1/30/2010 12:00 PM ] Count down: :[/ countdown ] until something happens

Put the date and time in the first part. remove all the spaces except that one between the date and the time. then put your own descripton instead of the "until something happens".

examples: {You'll have to quote this post to see the formats.}

[countdown=7/4/2010 12:01 AM]Count down:[/countdown] until 4th of July.
[countdown=1/18/2010 12:01 AM]Count down:[/countdown] until MLK Federal Holiday.
[countdown=1/16/2010 11:01 pM]Count down:[/countdown] until I'm back from holiday!
Geeze you guys I ask for stupid simple. Do I have to put the brackets around the words countdown=date then write Count down colon bracket backslash countdown bracket. Then write the whatever is happening thing outside of the bracket.
I just cant get what the heck you are doing to get it I tried in the Coz forum and all I got was brackets around the date.

Geeze you guys I ask for stupid simple. Do I have to put the brackets around the words countdown=date then write Count down colon bracket backslash countdown bracket. Then write the whatever is happening thing outside of the bracket.
I just cant get what the heck you are doing to get it I tried in the Coz forum and all I got was brackets around the date.

How about, you give a date and a time and an event, and I will put it into a countdown?

Then, you 'quote' my response and copy the line. It should be more clear, then. Okay?

It needs to be exactly like I put it in my post.

I cheated. Simply quoted one of his countdown lines for the format and then copy/pasted it, then substituted my own information. However, I don't care much for the . between seconds and until. :shakehead:

How about, you give a date and a time and an event, and I will put it into a countdown?

Then, you 'quote' my response and copy the line. It should be more clear, then. Okay?

It needs to be exactly like I put it in my post.

Thanks, Jan 31, 2010 leave for Cozumel
It's a curse I'm sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom