Multiple e-mails for updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've been having this problem for about 3-4 weeks now and hoped it would shake itself out.

I subscribe to several threads and I really love getting the e-mail updates. However, I get from 2-6 of the same e-mail each time a thread updates. It doesn't appear to be a problem with my Yahoo! mail because no other services I subscribe to "hiccup" and cause multiples. I haven't seen anyone else post about it, though.

I experience a similar - though not as severe - problem. I'm subscribed to a bunch of threads. Each day I usually receive more than one email for at least a few of the updated threads. I rarely get more than three email responses for any given thread on any given day.

This isn't a big deal for me personally. I'm concerned because it might be a burden on the board's resources. Those extra emails could add up to a bunch of wasted bandwidth.

For me, it means opening and deleting about five many times as e-mails as would be necessary. It's not a life or death issue for me, but it is annoying and since nobody else has brought it up, I thought I'd mention it.

On the other hand, I pretty much only get one notification per PM when I get them.

I've been having this problem for about 3-4 weeks now and hoped it would shake itself out.

I subscribe to several threads and I really love getting the e-mail updates. However, I get from 2-6 of the same e-mail each time a thread updates. It doesn't appear to be a problem with my Yahoo! mail because no other services I subscribe to "hiccup" and cause multiples. I haven't seen anyone else post about it, though.

I get them too. Seems to be random.

Terry

I get them when PM's are sent to multiple recipients. It hasn't happened for threads, but I don't subscribe to threads with e-mail notification. Nothing is really WRONG so it's probably some kind of vBulletin Bug. Hopefully we'll be past that soon.

I've had that too for the past few weeks, but it's not too much of an issue since i only get updates once a week and lately for only 3 or 4 threads, so 1 duplicate email just results in a shrug and an extra click.

I get daily updates on a few threads and using my Droid, it's a pita. Not earth shattering but if I'm out of town for a few days, it's many, many, many clicks.

I get daily updates on a few threads and using my Droid, it's a pita. Not earth shattering but if I'm out of town for a few days, it's many, many, many clicks.

Debbie

that is because the default email client for droid sucks. Search the market for "K9 Email"

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

who is Debbie? :rofl3:

I'm not using Droid mail, I check my regular e-mail using the browser. Same number of clicks whether it is the Droid, my laptop, or my desktop, it's just that the screen is so much tinier on the Droid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom