Chat??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

al248005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The chat icon mysteriously dissappeared from my toolbar across the top of my screen ( Home Forum Blogs Articles Gallery Buddy Finder Whats New). I have quite frequently used chat many times on here but haven't in the past 2 weeks or so. Now the icon is gone. I have tried to get into the chat other ways (1) clicking on the forum button on the toolbar, scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicked on chat where it shows the people chatting 2) clicking community and selecting chat from the drop down menu) but all end up by my computer locking up. Have I been locked out of chat for some reason?

Thanks
al248005

Look under the Drop Down menu on the Community tab. It's on the second line of the toolbar, directly below Buddy Finder. The link to the chat room is located there.

It is also under "quick links", and the actual LINK to the page is the same.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/addonchat.php

There is no reason that clicking on the "community link" to the chat would be any different than using the nav bar. If the link above causes your computer to "lock up" then you maybe want to download the latest version of java?

Other than that... you are not banned from Chat, so it should be working.

May I also suggest you bookmark the chat in your favorite web browser for easy navigation... :)

FWIW - It didn't misteriously disappear. I needed the space in the navbar for a new link that will be added shortly, (and just yesterday - removed it from the main nav bar).

New link for the navbar coming soon. ;-)

You're not the only one, the Chat button disappeared from my menu buttons as well.

Edit - Nevermind, I read the rest of Howard's post. Will it be coming back? I liked being able to see how many people were in chat with just a quick glance at the navbar.

Back
Top Bottom