Insane jellyfish swarm freediving video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where was this taking that was crazy how thick they were.

its was taken on the sunshine coast right by vancouver canada.
the video was all shots from the edge of the swarm. there was no point to taking the camera right into it as the jellyfish were so thick that we would not worked but that didn't stop us from going right in the center :D

i thought it was going to be one of those you had to be there things but it turned out great on film

it was about 15 meters by 100 meters my math is not the best but to me that = alot of jellyfish

the surface just looked white

That is a great video, and I was especially impressed by the free diver who dove sans fins!!! He did great getting up and down using the breast stroke. WOW!!! I haven't seen that for a long, long time.

I knew that we had good numbers of jellyfish in the colder waters of the Northwest, but haven't seen them that thick...amazing video sequences.

I need to know a bit more about your Otter wet suits, as I had thought of those as mainly warm-water suits. I need the flexibility they show, but also the warmth. How are they in cold, North Pacific waters?

John

That is a great video, and I was especially impressed by the free diver who dove sans fins!!! He did great getting up and down using the breast stroke. WOW!!! I haven't seen that for a long, long time.

I knew that we had good numbers of jellyfish in the colder waters of the Northwest, but haven't seen them that thick...amazing video sequences.

I need to know a bit more about your Otter wet suits, as I had thought of those as mainly warm-water suits. I need the flexibility they show, but also the warmth. How are they in cold, North Pacific waters?

John

hey john

that was me diving sans fins :D

that dive went to 69 feet. on oct 2 i'm going for a 100 foot no fins dive ill post the video on this forum.:D

as for are suits we both dive omer suits. the water up here is about as cold as it gets. my suit is a 7mm. i have gone ice diving in it :cool2:
once it is on you can move like you were not wearing a suit!
then only trade off is you need lube to get into it. there is no scuba suit in my mind that can beat it for staying warm! no zippers means no leaks!!!!!

if you want any more info on the suit just pm me

Madprops,

I'm looking forward to seeing your video. Please do post it here.

I am used to a suit with no zippers, but haven't had it for years. I'm looking into the Otter suits.

Thanks,

SeaRat

Amazing swarming. I have free dived in Jelly Fish Lake, Palau but they are never that dense.

Oh, that is just scary! I know those are not the "dangerous" ones, but it still spooks me. Thanks for posting it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom