ALOHA, looking for conditons report. S.Ca.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FATOPU

Registered
Reaction score
Any one been diving local shore dives in So Ca. San Diego to LA?
The red tide is now starting to leave around here and Ive gone out a few times freediving/hunting. but the water has been so poor Ive been discourged. I cant find any where on the Internet where the water has been good for diving or scuba? and
I hate swimming out to see.

I know this is suppose to be an introduction but I couldnt resist.
I am 40 yrs old, scuba certified in 91, advance level. freedive/hunt mostly now, still scuba once in a while. live in Carlsbad, Ca.

Did 12 dives over the last 4 days here at Catalina. Vis was generally fair 20-30 ft as long as you weren't too near the bat rays which were hammering the sandy bottom looking for Chaetopterus tube worms, bivalves, etc.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Follow this path thru our Matrix to your local dive club fourm: ScubaBoard.Com > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > North America > United States > California Kelp Divers > SoCal Subscribe to the Forum under Forum Tools, then it will be easily accessible everytime you go to your UserCP - which you can add to your E-Favorites. Get to know new buddies there.

PM me if I can help...

don :cowboy2:

Hello &
welcome (Scub)aBoard! :balloon
Laurens

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

FATOPU:
Any one been diving local shore dives in So Ca. San Diego to LA?
The red tide is now starting to leave around here and Ive gone out a few times freediving/hunting. but the water has been so poor Ive been discourged. I cant find any where on the Internet where the water has been good for diving or scuba? and
I hate swimming out to see.
live in Carlsbad, Ca.

Hiya neighbor (I'm in Carlsbad too)... yes the conditions are improving (finally), but the red tide still seems to be lingering.. I dove La Jolla Sunday and the water was blue, vis was 10-15 ft, no red in sight. I'm going back to La Jolla this evening and I'll let you know how the conditions are. :)

Thanks for the welcome, I hope to be able to give my own report on the conditions soon around here in Carlsbad, but the red tide has been coming and going in patches around here and now the wind and surf is picking up. I surfed every day this week and its sometimes dirty and I cant see the tip of my surfboard underneath me and other days I can count my toes through the sea grass. But it hasnt been clean enough to see the game under me in a long time.
Mahalo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom