Leo on Sat. 7/15 AM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwaters

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be family camping @ Leo over the Saturday the 15th. Any one that knows the area plan on diving there on Sat. morning? If so, I'll pack my gear to sneek away for a morning dive. Let me know before I leave on that Thursday the 13th. Thanks! Dave

So, no one is diving Leo this Saturday?????

Empty_V is in Hawaii this weekend I think.

I'd be interested, but I don't know the area at all. If someone else who does know the place speaks up and wants to do it I'd love to go along. I don't feel comfortable going as 2 people who don't know the area, Seeing as how I'm a newbie and all.

I dove it last weekend. 3 dives there total - and I do like it. Swell model is SW 2-4 ft 10 s interval - could be a little rough but the 10 s interval tells me little energy. I'll follow this thread. Leaving for Thailand on Monday so I'm interested in getting another dive or two in SoCal before packing gear. Not committed yet - but could be in the game. I like Leo and want to see the Wrinkles dive at Leo be a success, whether in August or December.

Jim

Hi Jim,
I had a good time at Leo wish I could go this weekend but I'll be in the reef check class.

Happy Diving
John

Mike "Zaffy", I agree that two newbies to a site is questionable at best... still looking for any one that knows the area to surface and I will take my gear just in case. Now we aren't leaving until tomorrow evening and can be reached via cell 909-576-1630 after that. Thanks!

The swell model shows the wave energy increasing now with a 15 s interval instead of 10s, and building from 2 to 4 ft. to 3 to 4 ft. (Due to a hurricane far to the south). Low tide is at 7:30 in the morning. I'm thinking that it might be pretty surgey with limited viz Saturday morning at Leo and maybe worsening as the tide rises due to the swell increase. I'm going to pack my dive gear for Thailand this weekend and dive Leo another day.

Leo is a nice campground and its OK to not dive when conditions are marginal and there are other things to do. Headhunter is trying to pull a Wrinkles dive together for Leo. I'll be there regardless of conditions if I'm in town.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom