Channel Island Ideas for October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmart64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was considering taking a trip down to SoCal to do some diving at the Channel Islands in October, but I have spoken to a couple of dive operators who said it said it's a bad time because most of their trips are catered towards lobster diving at that time. I was wondering if anyone could make some recommendations. I was thinking about coming down to dive on 10/14 or 10/21. Also, I will be by myself so will be looking for a dive buddy as well.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Joe

I have the schedule for Sport Chalet charters. On 10/14 the CeeRay and the Magician are going out to Catalina. The Magician goes out that night, the CeeRay is during the day.

On the 21st both of them go out during the day. I don't know if you are Nitrox certified but the Magician offers Nitrox.

I like both boats/crews. You are looking at about $110-$120 for the day which includes meals and air (but not nitrox).

I don't know how many spots are available but you can give Annette a call at 800-diver94.

I'd love to buddy up with you but I'm returning home from Roatan on the 14th and the 21st is my anniversary (spending it with my non-diving hubby).

Thanks All! I am scheduled to go out to Catalina on Cee Ray on 10/21. I will be solo, so if anyone is interested in joining me I would welcome a buddy.

Joe

Its not that it is a bad time to come to so cal its just that all of the good boats are booked for the first 3 weeks of october or so. I tried to get onto the Peace and they said that their first couple of lobster trips are booked up a year before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom