2 additional fatalities this weekend, any info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MHK

Reaction score
I'm advised that a 20 year old died at San Clemente on Sunday, I'm just getting the facts now, but if anyone knows first hand what happened please let us know.

I'm also advised that a 60 year old man died up north at Pt. Sur on Saturday. The initial information was another rebreather, but then a 2nd person told me it was open circuit. Any of you guys up north have any 1st hand information?

Thanks

Up north..The only thing I have heard is that he went missing while diving off the Monterey Express on Sat. He got seperated from his buddy and has not been found.
This is usually an advanced trip for the tech crowd..not sure what kind of configuration he had..?

My condolences to the family and friends.

MHK:
I'm advised that a 20 year old died at San Clemente on Sunday, I'm just getting the facts now, but if anyone knows first hand what happened please let us know.

I'm also advised that a 60 year old man died up north at Pt. Sur on Saturday. The initial information was another rebreather, but then a 2nd person told me it was open circuit. Any of you guys up north have any 1st hand information?

Thanks

Hey Mike,

I've been trying to get some info myself. I'm not sure if Chuck Tribolet has any more info but you may want to PM him since he seems to be up on everything that goes down in the Bay Area.

MHK:
... snip... I'm also advised that a 60 year old man died up north at Pt. Sur on Saturday. The initial information was another rebreather, but then a 2nd person told me it was open circuit. Any of you guys up north have any 1st hand information? snip...
A couple of first-hand reports can be found on this thread - http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=161850
My condolences to his family and friends (also to those of the 20-year-old freediver)...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom