Cart Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DwayneJ

Contributor
Reaction score
All of my diving is boat diving. I would need a cart before I dive Marineland so I was wondering what recommendations you can provide for carts to lug my gear.

Thank you,
Dwayne

All of my diving is boat diving. I would need a cart before I dive Marineland so I was wondering what recommendations you can provide for carts to lug my gear.

Thank you,
Dwayne

I don't like 4 wheeled carts - they all have small wide wheels which means they're harder to pull. They all have front wheels that turn, and that makes them a bit uncomfortable for me going down a steep hill.

Then there is the whole space issue. They are all big. Really big.

I also don't like hand trucks - too much weight to schlep and I have too much stuff.

I carry two HP130's, two scooters, two full sets of gear, my dry box and the deathstar on this very light weight collapsible cart.

---
Ken

I love mine. It has big knobby tires that tackle the dirt portion of the trail. It used to be all dirt and weeds. I carry two sets of gear, two cameras and sometimes a cooler and five gallon shower down to the cove.
DSCF1934.jpg

If your bringing extras like camera equipment, an extra tank, water ect, then a cart is a good idea. I don't mind the hike though, its a gradual slope on a nice path. I use the hike as a warm up when it is cold.
If you are planning on changing into and out of your exposure suit at the bottom, keep in mind it gets really muddy, so bring a tarp or something. Good luck.

Dwayne,

I don't understand your situation entirely, so this might not work for you, but here was my situation. I lived in a 14th floor apartment with a van in an underground garage. Gear (except for doubles and scooter) was loaded into the van in long Rubbermaid bins to reduce saltwater in the vehicle. I needed a cart to carry the long bins between my apartment and van in the elevator, as well as scooter, coolers, and other duffels, and then on occasion from the van to the boat.

Ken is right with what he says about 4-wheeled hand trucks, above, but I was never going up or down hills, across sandy beaches, or down dirt trails to diving holes. It was always either inside buildings or parking garages, or winding my way down long narrow piers to the boat - so my 4-wheeled truck/cart worked fine.

(The thing converts from a 4-wheel to 2-wheel cart, but I almost always used it in the 4-wheel configuration to schlep sets of doubles and big bins of dive gear...there is a small photo down to the left side that shows it in the 4-wheel mode)

S-JR Aluminum Hand Truck - Hand Trucks at Hand Trucks

Hope this helps,

Doc

I love mine. It has big knobby tires that tackle the dirt portion of the trail. It used to be all dirt and weeds. I carry two sets of gear, two cameras and sometimes a cooler and five gallon shower down to the cove.
DSCF1934.jpg

Could you send me a link - The picture does not show up for me.

Dwayne

Mark one up for the hand truck. Ken's cart is the bomb but mine cost a lot less :). If I had more than my rig to carry I would need something else but this gets my assembled rig down the hill no problemo. The cart on the right is mine, the one on the left is a fold up thing. It doesn't work so well.

Attachments

• IMG_7319.JPG
    IMG_7319.JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 168
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom