RX100 mk 1 video from Lord Howe Island, Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Facebook requires you to have a public profile and also compressed the video very badly
Can you post on YouTube or Vimeo?

Edit: it now works but not on mobile devices

Nice video and editing I like the bit of lobster and the guy at the beginning having fun with the flag

if I may here are my suggestions:

1. Get rid of the original audio recorded from the camera either in post or skip recording audio entirely (menu Movie settings)
2. The bitrate is low at 2 Mbps not sure if this has to do with facebook (most likely) would be nice to see a proper edit on youtube or vimeo with bitrate at 8 Mbps
3. The sides of the frame look blurry that can be the lens or the bitrate problem above. I would think the is the lens that is not good at wide apertures that are used if you shoot video in program mode

The steadyshot seems to work wonders considering you seem to move quite fast, I guess you used the active option

Last edited:
V nice footage love Lorde Howe Island. Seemed to be a fair bit of marine harassment/touching going on my DM, etc. Feeding morays with smashed up urchins? That is something we left behind in the 80s. Glad you are enjoying the camera. See any endemic species like the Lord Howe Butterlfy fish?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom