Is it worth upgrading to the Sony RX100 Mark III?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
What about using the M3 camera without a wide angle fish eye lens for some video / photo's at a distance. I figure I can get my "wide" video shots from a gopro mounted on the rig (I don't really care about video that much, so an always on GoPro meets my needs).

Any idea how the photo's will look without a fisheye lens on this camera (what's the angle when fully zoomed out)?

And then for maco shots, the SMC isn't ideal, but will it be good enough? Or will I be regretting the M3 with every close up shot I try to take no matter what lens I use?

I have a trip coming up in Sept. in mostly dark/cold water with good macro opportunities. I know I want a small rig, but I am having trouble deciding whether to get the M3, M2, or wait for the Panasonic LX8 (and miss out on some good photo's for my next trip - although I do have a GoPro and a TG-3 to get me by)...

Yeah, that's the conclusion I've been coming too... Some of the M3's features would be nice for topside, but not really that important...

Since the M2 seems to be the winner, I noticed you have the Nauticam housing for that. I was going to go with that one, but I noticed that Sea&Sea makes one that might work slightly better for diving with big dry gloves? There's very little info on the Sea&Sea and I am curious to know if you have ever seen it in person (this is prob. for another thread)...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom