Galapagos on a CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jorge.a.mahauad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
A Galapagos liveaboard is the "ultimate" dive experience in the Galapagos and what you see has no comparison with anything in the world!!; on the other hand, diving from the inhabited islands is also very good (in terms of marine life) and definitely cheaper. This also gives you more flexibility in the activities on the islands. So different choices, not one "better" than the other. The Galapagos Islands are famous because of close encounters with big animals. This reputation was created mainly by divers in OC.

Just imagine what we can do on a CCR… Personally I think that if you want to boost your experience, THE way to go is a CCR trip.

I am an independent freelance instructor working in the Galapagos and Ecuador mainland. I can organize and serve as a tour leader for you on CCR trips. CCR diving is NOT common practice here in the Islands. I am probably the only active CCR instructor in Ecuador and I'm just beginning to operate this kind of trips. I intend to change this but as CCR divers you know this requires preparation, patience, time and money.

I use established tour operators in the islands that are reputable. I have no affiliation with them, in employment nor in company share. My business is the satisfaction of the team diving with me and my personal branding. My main function is to make the tour operators "CCR friendly" by providing my own equipment, support and knowledge; this is the reason why you can expect the most objective and professional advice, planning and execution.

For CCR diving I provide O2 @ 200 bar, absorbent and technical support. The diluent we normally use for the dive profiles is air and I try not to go into long decompression schedules; average dive time is 90 min. More advanced technical diving can also be planned and executed. Everything is done under request and personallized to fit the team's needs.

If you are interested please email (jorgeantoniomw at gmail.com) or PM me. You can learn about who I am and what I do by visiting my blog: Buceo Avanzado en Ecuador y Galápagos

Jorge A. Mahauad
(+593)99839347

OFFERING PADI/DSAT, SDI/TDI & RAID DIVER CERTIFICATIONS

New!! AP DIVING EVOLUTION & INSPIRATION CCR / TDI EXTENDED RANGE / DSAT TEC TRIMIX / SIDEMOUNT Courses

PADI Master Instructor 190874
Tec Trimix, Tec Deep Diver, Gas Blender & Sidemount Instruction

TDI Extended Range Instructor 14616
Evolution & Inspiration Rebreather Instruction

RAID Sport Instructor
Recreational Rebreather Instruction

Hola Jorge - very interesting - I will contact you by email. CCR in Galapagos has always been a problem to organise in the past as no guides were certified in CCR and of course one was not allowed to stay in the water without a guide. Importing Zorb was atrociously expensive, as was the provision of bail out bottles. I am excited that someone has made the leap and can now provide such options. Will be in touch. Cheers, Dom

Hi Jorge,

I just sent you an e-mail.

Talk soon,
Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom