DIN VALVE and K VALVE interchangeable on a aluminum 80?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricPhotography92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi,
is a Din vale compatible with an aluminum 80, and is a K vale compatible with an aluminum 80. if so does that mean their interchangeable with one another? Does that mean the top metal pice of the tank unscrews?
-eric

But, are both of those valve compatible with your regulators? The answer: Maybe

Well I recently purchased Apeks TX100 DIN 1st stage, Apeks DST DIN 1st stage, XTX 200 1ST Stage, ATX 50 2nd stage, ATX 50 2nd stage, and XTX 200 2nd Stage. I own an aluminum 80, is this going to work or will have to resale for something else . What’s 3/4" NPT valves

Just buy a standard 200bar DIN/Convertible valve for an Aluminum 80. Should be a no-brainer for any shop you talk to. If you have trouble, let me know.

Yes your AL80 can be converted to DIN my replacing the valve. The most versatile solution will be a convertible valve that has the inserts to make the DIN port into a yoke.

The valve unscrews from the neck of cylinder. Once all of the air pressure is released it will probably spin out when you rap it with the heel of your hand. The end load of the pressure it what really holds it in place. Let the shop bleed it down so there is no chance of contmaination and so your VIP is not invlaidated by showing up with an empty cylinder.

They will also want to fit it with a properly rated burst disk.

Pete

If the tank will already be empty to change the valve it might be a good time to check to see if a hydro or vip are close to being due on the tank also. No sense waiting to do it next month if you have the valve out now. just sayin'.

the xtx200 is a 300bar, superlyte27 would the 200 bar din convertible valve be compatible with the 300 bar xtx200? ok, so ill just go to the shop and they will remove the current valve and insert the xtx DIN 1st stage and have the tank fully serviced.

the xtx200 is a 300bar, superlyte27 would the 200 bar din convertible valve be compatible with the 300 bar xtx200? ok, so ill just go to the shop and they will remove the current valve and insert the xtx DIN 1st stage and have the tank fully serviced.

The reg will work with either 232 or 300 bar DIN valves. Just a few extra threads will be left sticking out when using it with the 232 bar DIN. The shop will take off your Yoke valve from the tank and replace it with a new convertible valve which can then be used with any regulator. They won't touch your reg.

If you look at this page, it shows a convertible valve with the insert out. You can screw it in to be a yoke valve, remove it to be a DIN valve.
Cylinder Valves by Thermo - Dive Gear Express

I'm thinking the OP might need a little more detail.

Be careful of the 300+ bar DIN valves if you have one. They will not work with a yoke even if you have the insert, because there is no indentation on the back of the valve for the yoke screw to center on and it is too wide/thick for the yoke to fit over it. The insert will screw in too far to make contact with the yoke valve face. Since you have DIN regulators, no problem.

If you already have a DIN, just clean the threads of the tank and valve. Make sure the "dip stick" is in Place and secure. Replace the o-ring, lubricate the threads with an oxygen compatible lube and screw it in. You can use a cam strap to hold the tank to something sturdy. I use a couple of v-blocks covered in old wetsuit material clamped to the work bench with the valve hanging over the end. Tighten it to about 30ft.lbs. The o-ring makes the seal, not the tightness of the valve, but it needs to be secure. I like mine a little loose so I can change them in the field.

If you aleady have a yoke valve, look at the opening to see if there is a hex opening in the center of the valve face. If so, you can remove the insert and use the DIN threads. Same applies for installation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom